Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #51
Anthony

Default Re: Player knowledge and hidden rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximara View Post
Again as I have pointed out that the player does not know what the Task Modifier is.
And this disagrees with what I said how?
Old 05-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #52
Rupert

Quote:
GM: (rolls dice and refers to notes on PCs): One of you fells something doesn't isn't quite right about this room.

The players know something is up but they don't know what triggered this reaction. Was it somebody's Danger Sense going off? Perhaps Tactics suggests that the room is a perfect place for an ambush. Then everybody start rolling vs skills (with no knowledge of any Task Modifiers...including fi there are any).
That's depriving the player of information they've paid for "one of you..." doesn't tell me if my character's Danger Sense has gone off, which is something I've bought and paid for. Likewise for the guy with Tactics. Danger Sense doesn't inform the whole party something's bad, just the character that has it (and paid for it).

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:37 PM   #53
Boge

Quote:
GM: (rolls dice and refers to notes on PCs): One of you fells something doesn't isn't quite right about this room.

The players know something is up but they don't know what triggered this reaction. Was it somebody's Danger Sense going off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
That's depriving the player of information they've paid for "one of you..." doesn't tell me if my character's Danger Sense has gone off, which is something I've bought and paid for. Likewise for the guy with Tactics. Danger Sense doesn't inform the whole party something's bad, just the character that has it (and paid for it).
Yeah that doesn't make sense at all. Someone senses something but you don't say who? What if that player wants to keep it to themselves?
Boge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gm rolls, hidden rolls, player rolls