Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Blind Mapmaker

Default Pre-Made Adventures for a Convention

I'm going to host a game at a local convention and I don't quite have the time to prepare something from scratch. What would be some good pre-made ones to adapt? I've already run Caravan to Ein Arris, The Torturer's Apprentice (an old Pyramid adventure) and a Technomancer-version of Zombietown, U.S.A. at this convention. All were well-received, but Zombietown was way too long, even without the final bits of the "dungeon".

I'm thinking of something that takes about 5-6 hours with a group of GURPS novices and pre-generated characters. A couple of interesting battles would be nice, but showing off what's cool about GURPS is more important. An interesting story is a must-have; that's usually the part at which I suck. I'm not limited by genre or setting, but it shouldn't be something where you'd likely run into fanboys that might not like the treatment of their setting (so no Conan, Hellboy, Discworld etc.). It also has to be available either through e23 or free on the web; old Pyramid files are also okay. Edition of the adventure does not matter.

I'm not going to run [/I]Mirror of the Fire Demon[/I] as I'm trying to get one of my regulars to run this one for me. I'm especially interested in people who have actually run a given adventure within the time limit (whether at a con or with a regular group of non-experts). One last thing: It would be nice if spoilers could be kept at a minimum. Obviously some of the content of the adventure has to be specified, but try to keep out the plot twists and surprise endings. Thank you very much in advance.
Blind Mapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventures, beginner, convention