Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
MaddCow

Default Madness Dossier in the 1920s

I started working on a Call of Cthluhu campaign set in the 1920s with a group of friends and family. However, after reading about and purchasing the Madness Dossier, I've decided to use that as the main backdrop (Among some other surprises down the line).

What I would like to know from you, the community, is what you would change (If anything) as the group would still like the campaign to be set in the 1920s to start off. I haven't run a MD (Madness Dossier) campaign yet, so I'm not sure how well balanced the character point totals (They see to suggest 300+ totals) and the enemy stat blocks are against 1920s technology. Those that have played this sort of campaign, anything that I should be aware of before getting started? What were the biggest hurdles, what did you find to be the most enjoyable?

For those that are familiar with it, I want to run it a bit like X-Com in that the group would need to choose between certain missions and mission types as a way of controlling the spread of memes, panic, and overall reality quakes in an effort to fight back. Naturally, being set in the 1920s limits travel time and other fast response times due to technology. Any thoughts on how best to handle that as well? Maybe they could have some sort of advanced warning system in place for where irrupters will pop up, or where tears in reality are forming, or even some way of detecting large concentrations of memetic activity. There are already some really wonderful ideas that I've got that happened around this time period that were never explained, so that will go a lot in helping cement the non-fictional portion of the campaign.

Last edited by MaddCow; 09-03-2014 at 04:29 PM.
MaddCow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1920s, cthulhu, gurps, madness dossier