Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #41
ComBAT

Default Re: Boosters I'd like to see

Prehistoric Munchkin theme
maybe call it Munchkin B.C.
It could be a relatively simple theme to create as well.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #42
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Now that we have all been shown that Andrew's limits have been reached and a NEW sticky thread has been added, lets get back to driving him totally MAD!

How about a pure Goblin set? Goblin War Chef, Goblin Low Priest, Goblin Spear Catchers, Goblin body part donors?

Or even a "Curse you Munchkin" deck of mini curses that will work with all the games?

Or Munchkin Oops, a deck of fiendish traps for the unwary.

Or Munchkin Black Ops for Munchkin Impossible. Loading in more guns and gadgets.

I liked the post about dungeons or different "map" parts for each set. I'd love to think of a way to build a set for each core group, but, can't post things here, damnit.

Pat
Old 10-30-2010, 03:04 AM   #43
Arukoto

If referring to a dungeon as a boost I would like dungeons for each genre/type, especially a Blender one even if I don't know what about.

If not, a Blender 2 would be great, I want more awesome cards that really stick out from the normal cards,
as with Blender you see and want them a bit more then the other cards.
"Get it together", "Undigested" or "Again! Now with Feelings!" or something else for a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleydotes View Post
Now that we have all been shown that Andrew's limits have been reached and a NEW sticky thread has been added, lets get back to driving him totally MAD!

How about a pure Goblin set? Goblin War Chef, Goblin Low Priest, Goblin Spear Catchers, Goblin body part donors?

Or even a "Curse you Munchkin" deck of mini curses that will work with all the games?

Or Munchkin Oops, a deck of fiendish traps for the unwary.

Or Munchkin Black Ops for Munchkin Impossible. Loading in more guns and gadgets.

I liked the post about dungeons or different "map" parts for each set. I'd love to think of a way to build a set for each core group, but, can't post things here, damnit.

Pat
Tectonically you are not asking anyone to answer a question, just their statements on what they would like to see as boosters.
Since the booster type is not specified to a singular genre of Munchkin, it is not out of line or off-topic to state your desires of boosters on any amount of genres and to distinguish each genre you would like a booster on with separation should be fair as it makes it easier to read. :P
Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 AM   #44
Kimbo

How about a Promo Pack booster - containing some of the much sought after and often hard to obtain promo cards, such as Step-and-a-Half, Mug the Shopkeeper, The Last Laugh, Pegasus Steed, and Henchmonster.

There are lots of people who have a hard time attending conventions who desperately desire and find it frustratingly tough to collect some of these cool and funny rare cards. A Promo Pack would be a good way to get these cards onto more tabletops - where cards deserve to be!

A Promo Pack might also be a good opportunity to re-skin some non-Fantasy promo cards into the Fantasy genre - i.e. print them with Fantasy backs and color scheme. Promos such as Evil Ted and Trade Character Sheets from Cthulhu, and any other cool fitting-within-the-fantasy-theme jokes created since then for other genres.

The only possible concern about such a set is that it may make the actual promotional versions slightly less "special" seeming. But that's not really true. Most players won't care because they'll just be happy to get to play with the cards. And Collectors will still want the actual promos because they'll have a different set symbol, or different art, or coloring, or whatever. So the promotional versions of the cards will still be "special." And if not, well then just create NEW promo cards to giveaway at conventions! It's about time to retire the current crop of promos anyway, as those who already have them would appreciate some nice new goodies to pick up at convention demos.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #45
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
How about a Promo Pack booster - containing some of the much sought after and often hard to obtain promo cards, such as Step-and-a-Half, Mug the Shopkeeper, The Last Laugh, Pegasus Steed, and Henchmonster.
We have done almost exactly this in the past, in fact, selling promo packs through eBay. If this starts up again, I'm sure we'll make any number of announcements.

That said, we do have a little surprise planned via Warehouse 23 . . . I'd keep an eye on the W23 website for an announcement next week.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 11-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #46
Trsevener

This week on Munchkinal of Austin:

Oooooohhh, the tease that is Andrew. See how the Andrew moves through the threads, giving little tidbits of information designed to make it's most common prey, the gamer, salivate with anticipation. Watch as Steve tracks the Andrew back to it's natural habitate, the folding table in the back office, to first tranquilize the Andrew with a Chinese food then tagging the Andrew before releasing it back to a convention near you.

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #47
J_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
That said, we do have a little surprise planned via Warehouse 23 . . . I'd keep an eye on the W23 website for an announcement next week.

Damnit. A surprise is one thing, but it's just unfair to go and make statements like that without any real information whatsoever, leaving us to wait impatiently for a whole week. XP
Old 11-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #48
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Spade View Post
Damnit. A surprise is one thing, but it's just unfair to go and make statements like that without any real information whatsoever, leaving us to wait impatiently for a whole week. XP
Things on which you could base an inference:

1) This is a thread about boosters you want to see.
2) I replied directly to a post about promo cards and ways to make them available.
3) I implied this was something different from what you've seen before. Whether that implication was valid or not, well . . .

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Old 11-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #49
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard
"Welcome, Angie!
Angie Kreuser has joined the Munchkin team as my Hireling, doing all the dull, boring stuff that makes me crabby so I can focus on developing new Munchkin game stuff for you insatiable fiends.

Everyone, be nice to her! She's only Level 1 . . .

Holy Crap! What else can you get from Warehouse 23??? It's good to be the Czar!!!

Welcome to the weirdness of the Munchkin world Angie!

Pat
Old 12-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #50
newcarwarsplayer

This isn't a new card but we'd like to see the ultra munchkin and super duper munchkin cards printed with Cthulhu backs or star munchkin backs. It would be nice to have this option in pure cthulhu or star munchkin games. Maybe a booster with some of the more popular cards from more good cards reprinted with various popular backs?
Closed Thread

Tags
boosters, suggestions