Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-08-2019, 11:57 PM   #51
Refplace

Default Re: Refplaces GURPS Landing Page

New post, Chalice World vampires.
My own take n something like Vampire the Masquerade.
Known Bloodlines
There are several bloodlines, more in fact than are listed here and some are practically a secret, the defining characteristic of a bloodline is the emotion upon which it feeds. Each bloodline also has their own unique abilities.
  • Dream Chasers []: Feed on nightmares.
  • Enlil [25]: Feed on those suffocating, they have control over the air and are good spies and messengers
  • Eresikigal [25]: Feed on death, so must kill to feed! They have power over the dead and can summon ghosts, zombies, and other undead.
  • Furies [0]: Feed on anger and rage, typically enforcers.
  • Glorians [5]: Feed on adoration and devotion, typically in the military and/or leadership.
  • Gluttons []: Feed on starvation and thirst.
  • Gugulana: Feed on fear, they are fierce and strong and prone to berserker rages.
  • Inanna [15]: Feed on lust, they are among the most charming and attractive of vampires and practically the stereotype outsiders think of when they think vampire. Often called Succubus or Incubus in informal usage.
  • Kotan [30]: Feed on those they give advice to, and are adept at uncovering secrets.
  • Midas [15]: Feed on greed, tend to be merchants - especially specializing in exotic and rare goods.
  • Phobos: Feed on fear, known for their stealth and psychological manipulation skills.
  • Tortura: Feed on pain, tend to run the realms dungeons.
    Scorpions [20]: Feed on thirst, They hunt the deserts by night.
  • Uras: Feed on fear from claustrophobia or being buried alive. They are strong and have power over earth.
  • Wendigo []: Feed on those starving or freezing, tend to be loners and hunt in the Barrier Mountains.

I think its a good list, though several need more work and there is room for more material.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #52
Refplace

Couple of recent posts.
New Advantage: Energy Transfer
From supers who can use powers to recharge or power machines, to power based mages getting something like the Lend Energy spell.

Dragon Magic in Chalice World
How dragons use magic in the Chalice World setting. The system is custom but might give others a few ideas anyway.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 11-22-2019, 03:57 PM   #53
Refplace

Added a few posts.
A review of GURPS Power-Ups 9: Alternate Abilities
A new advantage created using that book called Chi Adept. After some feedback and hopefully testing I will make a few others.
  • Per for Perception used by the Fae
  • Social for spirits interacting with each other, possibly used by Bards and others as well.
  • Magery for replacing the normal rules fr Magery. Most of this is already in the book, I just have a few tweaks I prefer as a matter of style. I'll add it to my Affinity Magic system (So also creating a Power Investiture version) and the attribute will work with RPM, Sorcery, Sigil Magic, and Imbuements in the setting.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-16-2020, 11:25 PM   #54
Refplace

Added a few new posts.
One With the Land is my take on an old idea that Christopher inspired me to get around to writing up. You should compare the two (I link to his in the post) a main difference of note is he uses Skill Adaptation perks whereas I extended the Special Rapport advantage and based it more on the one in GURPS Fantasy.
Totem Powers - Imbuements is something I might have added to the Totems book if I had the room and was willing to add to the number of books it referred too. However there something I have little experience with so left them out for now.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #55
Refplace

So I'm always tweaking things and I have a custom magic system. I wont share the rules and details online since someday I hope to publish it. It has gotten some play testing but every group is different. The basic thing is spells are built using templates (most a paragraph or two) and I would like to ask the hive mind this question.
What kind of spells or magical effects would you like to see in a magic system that are not included in the list below?

Aging, Allure and Dread Rituals, Aspect Area, Attack Rituals, Awaken Spirit, Barrier Rituals, Binding Rituals, Bless, Bonus and Penalty Rituals, Call Creature, Call Nature, Communication Rituals, Concealment and Observation Rituals, Control and Shape Rituals, Control Machine, Cornucopia, Counter Magic, Create, Destroy, and Transform Rituals, Creation, Defense, Dome of Protection, Embellishment, Enchantment Rituals, Endure Elements, Environmental Rituals, Equipment Enchantments, Flight, Forecast, Frighten, Healing and Curing Rituals, Hibernation, Hinder, Illusion, Illusion Shell, Imbue Object, Imbue Weapon, Influence Rituals, Information Rituals, Leach, Link, Manifest Spirit, Mapping Rituals, Meta Rituals, Mind Control Rituals, Movement Rituals, Obscurement, Penetrating Sight, Permeation and Melding Rituals, Protection Rituals, Purify and Refinement Rituals, PushMe PullYou, Rapid Metamorphosis, Remote Viewing Rituals, Revitalize and Devitalize Rituals, Revive, Restoration Rituals, Ritual Shield, Seek and Identification Rituals, Sense Aspect, Speaking Rituals, Special Effects Rituals, Stabilize, Summoning Rituals, Supernatural Sight, Trace, Transformation and Enhancement Rituals, Vortex, Walker, Warning Rituals, Work Rituals
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 01-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #56
Refplace

A new post that I hope people find useful. I discuss Power Frameworks in GURPS.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 02-26-2020, 11:38 PM   #57
Refplace

Posted a note and reference to Supers from an old Pyramid article that never made it in.
https://refplace.blogspot.com/2020/0...undations.html
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 07-28-2021, 01:53 PM   #58
Refplace

I started a new section of the blog. Not GURPS specific but gaming advice which I link below and have on the game header and sidebar so the series can be read as a group.
https://refplace.blogspot.com/search...aming%20Advice
I should add more roles to last entry but had to post it for reasons.

And if you have requests for certaing things your having trouble with - GURPS or gaming in general let me know and I'll see if I can come up with something useful.
This blog is primarily aimed at newcomers so topics dont have be very advanced, mostly my value is perspective rather than genius.
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 07-28-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2021, 04:11 PM   #59
Refplace

Started a new section of the blog.
GURPS How To will go over various things that can be done in GURPS and how to do them. The idea is to suggest published material and ofer ideas on how to do something in particular.
First up is How to be a GURPS Detective and a list of example fictional detectives to illustrate certain ideas.
I have a couple ideas for more and welcome suggestions and feedback.
Like most of my blog its geared most towards newcomers but I also want to satisfy old timers.

In that vein, what do you think of using Fast-Talk to handle Columbo's "Oh, just one more thing"
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 12-11-2021, 05:16 PM   #60
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
In that vein, what do you think of using Fast-Talk to handle Columbo's "Oh, just one more thing"
Maybe, although it doesn't feel like it would be right in every case. Streetwise might be appropriate in some instances. He should have a good level in the Elicitation technique.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs