Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 05-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #11
RVA_Grandpa

Default Re: Tactical Encounter #3 - Panic at the Thisco!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malchidael View Post
I thought there was a section on Improvised Weapons in ITL, but I can't find it (and the PDF viewer on my kindle fire doesn't allow search, or my IQ isn't high enough for that talent) - you could treat chairs as Clubs (perhaps with -2DX for being unwieldy). Same with bottles and nice, stout mugs.
ITL p35 under the Brawling Talent it says "Improvised Weapons. You may “ready” a bottle into an (unthrowable) dagger, throw a mug as though it was a rock (1d-4 damage), or find a club in any piece of broken furniture."
We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.
RVA_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #12
malchidael

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_Grandpa View Post
ITL p35 under the Brawling Talent it says "Improvised Weapons. You may “ready” a bottle into an (unthrowable) dagger, throw a mug as though it was a rock (1d-4 damage), or find a club in any piece of broken furniture."
Thanks! I knew I read it somewhere.

As an aside, the TFT Line Editor, Guy McLimore, was part of a small company named MicroTactix - an early pioneer in the downloadable game biz.

They had their own TFT-like suite of games (Compact Combat/Budget Battlefield for larger battles, and Simply Roleplaying! for the RPG aspect).

They published the tactical scenario called BAR-Barians, which was a big tavern fight with improvised weapons. I can't find my printed copy any more, but I did scan it all in back when I had it and have it in my gaming folder. It was an inspiration for this scenario.

I have one of their other skirmish scenarios - Night of the Red Jackal - that I keep thinking about porting to TFT and playing. Ah, free time, wherefore art thou????
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #13
Shoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
Looks nice. Reminds me of an old "Gunslinger" scenario. One point; your bandits are ST10 but carry 2d-1 shortswords. These actually require a ST of 11. So they should really carry cutlasses 2d-2 or up their ST values to 11.
If your strength is less than that of the weapon you are trying to wield, your DX is -1 and damage is -0.5 for each ST you lack (at the end, round up damage.) This means that, at ST 10 vs 11, wielding a shortsword is the same, assuming that you'd put your extra point into DX. Which is strange.
Shoug is offline   Reply With Quote