Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 08-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
psyborg98

Default Minigames in Munchkin?

I searched around the forums and didn't see anything like this, I apologize if it's already come up.

I recently picked up both Zombie Dice and Cthulhu Dice and immediately started thinking about ways to incorporate them into my Munchkin games. (Note: that's the SJGames Cthulhu Dice, not the Munchkin Cthulhu Dice from Q-Workshop).

Both seem really easy to integrate, and add cool "minigame" effects when you are playing Munchkin Zombies or Munchkin Cthulhu. My house rules now have a full game of Cthulhu dice going on during the munchkin game, letting cultists make more cultists, and give Zombies the ability to roll the zombie dice for a potential bonus, or potential penalty.

So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for other small games that could be incorporated into the other sets. I know Bites! has a Rock, Paper, Scissor game, but it's only on the one card, and that goes pretty quickly.

Anyone have any ideas?
psyborg98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
bonetm

Default Re: Minigames in Munchkin?

You might want to check this bookmark and this promo card.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
psyborg98

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
You might want to check this bookmark and this promo card.
Ha, that's awesome. I hadn't seen the promo card, but I actually have the bookmark. Had forgotten about it, though.

But really I was thinking more along the lines of house rules that incorporate them in a stronger way. My Zombie variant was almost exactly the bookmark, but usable in every combat instead of just the once, and limited to three dice to keep it from being overpowered. The cthulhu dice variant is totally different from the promo card.

I have rules lined up for Zombies and Cthulhu that I think will work out, I just need to do some play testing. So mostly I'm looking for ideas on other games that can be brought in for the other sets. Mostly I'm looking for fast simple games that can be added in as a quick aside to add an extra layer to the game play. Ideally something that has a very fast turn so it doesn't drag down the main game.

I did find an old dice game called Ship, Captain, Mate that you play with plain old d6s (or more likely munchkin d6s) that could be fun with Booty. And the new Halloween Dice set that's coming out might work for Bites!, though I have no idea what the rules would be.
psyborg98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
Death

Instead of including the dice in a Munchkin card game I'd like to see a separate Munchkin Dice game :-)
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
Rev1L

Don't forget Trophy Buck and this promo card.
Rev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Instead of including the dice in a Munchkin card game I'd like to see a separate Munchkin Dice game :-)
Roll 4d6 and drop the lowest until somebody rolls 7 18s in a row. :)
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote