Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
Rasputin

Default Re: [City Stats] [RPM] Enhancing the Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
In that case, you want temporarily give the city 25% of its Starting Wealth worth of money.
My rule of thumb is that a community has 10% of its average Wealth as money. My reasoning is that only 20% of a character's starting Wealth is in "adventuring gear," which logically includes cash. Just split the baby down the middle to give a ratio of gear to money. It might even be high on the money side, but almost everyone has something that he can sell to get a bit of loot fast, even if he doesn't want to sell it.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
Tyneras

With my second set of midterms over, I can stop thinking about how much I hate linear algebra for a bit and think about GURPS some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wealth Enhancing Ritual
Spell Effects: Greater Strengthen Mind + Greater Control Chance
Inherent Modifier: Area Effect, Altered Traits, Bestows a Bonus (Financial), Duration, Range
Greater Effects: 2 (x5)

This spell is cast annually to bring in a year of prosperity for the nation. It has planetary range, being targeted at the center of the planet. It bestows a powerful bonus on everyone affected, allowing them to easily noticed and seize financial opportunities that appear, and many opportunities appear frequently.
At the end of the year all the additional wealth has been consumed and incorporated into the total economy. The financial leaderships makes a Finance roll to add a permanent +10% to the total budget.

Typical Casting: Greater Control Chance (5) + Greater Strengthen Mind (3) + Area Effect, 5,000 miles (80) + Altered Traits, Independent Income 3 (3) + Bestows a Bonus, +10 to Financial Rolls (512) + Duration, 1 year (22) + Range, 5,000 miles (40). 3325 (665x5)
Vicky, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the +10% Finance roll? Reverse engineering the -10% economic failure for prolonged conflict? Or somewhere else?

Last edited by Tyneras; 11-21-2013 at 02:34 AM.
Tyneras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #13
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Vicky, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get the +10% Finance roll? Reverse engineering the -10% economic failure for prolonged conflict? Or somewhere else?
Using the rules for trying to make a city wealthier (Pyramid #3/54, p. 31). Whom are you quoting?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #14
Tyneras

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Using the rules for trying to make a city wealthier (Pyramid #3/54, p. 31). Whom are you quoting?
Just myself to set the ritual apart from the rest of my post. And thanks, GURPS kinda passed my ability to mentally index everything I have a long time ago.

Edit: Having quickly skimmed that part, I'm temped to find out where the gains plateau if I cap the RPM Finance bonus at 10. But I will save that for tomorrow, bed time for me.

Last edited by Tyneras; 11-21-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Tyneras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city stats, economics, ritual path magic, rpm