Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #971
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Can you give me a rough idea of the layout? I'm having a hard time picturing where Kane is in relation to the Norse escapees and the action with Shuck.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #972
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Can you give me a rough idea of the layout? I'm having a hard time picturing where Kane is in relation to the Norse escapees and the action with Shuck.
I drew a picture, figuring it would easier to draw by hand than digitally. Of course, by hand is slightly more conspicuous at work. I thought, no problem, I have my wonderful hand-held scanner...with a micro-SD, and the adapter at home. And my main hard drive and all my handy micro-USB wires with it. So I had to photograph a drawing--that's my apology if you find it hard to read. Mea culpa.

That said, here's where I see everyone. The blue box is an inset, the space it actually sits on is open dirt. I hope I got everybody in the right places.

http://s218.beta.photobucket.com/use...P1657.jpg.html
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #973
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I drew a picture, figuring it would easier to draw by hand than digitally.
Unfortunately, I can't make out any of the labels. Is there a way to zoom w/ photobucket? I'm at work now and using IE, if it matters.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #974
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Unfortunately, I can't make out any of the labels. Is there a way to zoom w/ photobucket? I'm at work now and using IE, if it matters.
Grrr--new Photobucket is still glitchy.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...c/IMGP1657.jpg

Hit ctrl-+ a few times, that should work, and then ctrl- - to put it back
Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #975
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Do they know where his friends or Essence sources are? He was occupying an awful lot of their attention -- they'd remember the woman in Earl, but after the collision, spin around and drive off, would they be sure of which way she was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
You're right--my mistake, and very much Tish's mistake. It's not like he goes celestial every day...

Eight Essence, the number 8 is quite significant, considering that error.

--edit-- Long phone call, will get at game sometime tomorrow.
It appears I did not write Essence counts down. --bangs head repeatedly on keyboard-- However, we have been working our way up to sunrise, so there's that one at least.

The pet bulldog is stabilized anyway.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #976
Rocket Man

While they're still figuring the bikes out, are there any sharp objects or lasso-like things in the immediate vicinity? Or for that matter, rocks that might fit securely into an exhaust pipe?

Old 12-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #977
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
While they're still figuring the bikes out, are there any sharp objects or lasso-like things in the immediate vicinity? Or for that matter, rocks that might fit securely into an exhaust pipe?
Empty parking lot in the California canyons. Rocks abound. Common fast-food trash and while I wouldn't call it "lasso-like" I'll say a broken dog collar.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #978
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Using his last bits of invisibility (and using one of his now 2 remaining Essence to continue the Song if necessary), Kane eyeballs some promising rocks and forces them into the exhaust pipes of the bikes -- as many bikes as he can, as far up as he can, as tight a fit as he can.

C'mon, take just a little longer to remember how ignitions work...
Looking into whether rocks would actually do more in the short term than bang around. Had fun on a site where guys, who'd caught kids shoving rocks up their bike pipes, thought about sweet revenge. Lots of "fix that soon" but not much on why.

Tired, ankles hurt, and have to deal with job applications from two different countries plus paperwork from this one. You may not know it, but applications/paperwork are my least favorite things in the world, even worse than doing bills which I know are late.

Not getting anything done tonight nor likely until about 24 hours from now. If you find a reputable source on what a rock does to a motorcycle, that would be helpful and appreciated.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #979
Rocket Man

Checking The Straight Dope in addition to some mechanical Q-and-A sites leads to the following about blockages in tailpipes:

1) If the object isn't too tight, the pipe will simply shoot it out again at high speed. This is the likely fate of a single potato or banana shoved up the exhaust by teenage pranksters.

2) A severe blockage can badly affect the engine's performance. You lose a lot of power and RPM because the engine can't rev up. Overheating is a possibility if the engine continues to run for a long period of time.

3) A complete blockage means the engine will start and then stall within a few seconds. The engine can't expel the fumes and draw in the fresh air it needs to keep running. (A rock can cause this but one reader of The Straight Dope stalled a Miata by jamming four potatoes into the tailpipe.) The engine will not restart, but it will also not be permanently damaged; if the blockage is found and removed, it will run normally.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Rocket Man; 12-10-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #980
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Checking The Straight Dope in addition to some mechanical Q-and-A sites leads to the following about blockages in tailpipes:

1) If the object isn't too tight, the pipe will simply shoot it out again at high speed. This is the likely fate of a single potato or banana shoved up the exhaust by teenage pranksters.

2) A severe blockage can badly affect the engine's performance. You lose a lot of power and RPM because the engine can't rev up. Overheating is a possibility if the engine continues to run for a long period of time.

3) A complete blockage means the engine will start and then stall within a few seconds. The engine can't expel the fumes and draw in the fresh air it needs to keep running. (A rock can cause this but one reader of The Straight Dope stalled a Miata by jamming four potatoes into the tailpipe.) The engine will not restart, but it will also not be permanently damaged; if the blockage is found and removed, it will run normally.

Hope this helps.
Helps tremendously. (Now if someone can find me the motivation i.e. pinups to finish the Korea and Alaska applications...even better.) Actually it's better than me finding the info, because I don't have to worry whether you will find it credible.

Tags
in nomine