Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default [IC] Lost in Dreams [Tereza]

Tereza Jelínek often dreamed of men scanning her over. It was a common prelude to her nightmares. This man was different. For one, he looked vaguely arabic. Not that she never had arabs in her nightmares, just not often. For another, he didn't seem remotely aroused. In fact, he couldn't believe she was a woman. In the dream he had strange powers, and multiple times changed what she looked like... except she always ended up looking like her self.

There were other strange things about this man. She thought her arabic was bad, but his was worse. He kept on babbling about how her joke wasn't funny, that she was being childish, and in fact called her a eunuch several times. In the end, he seemed to decide she was, in fact a woman, and went on his way. Not the way her dreams usually ended.

Tereza woke to a sky full of stars. And to the feeling of sand on her skin. She was naked, and the wind was blowing cold across her back. She heard foot steps in the sand approaching her.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #2
Poonbahbah

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Tereza]

[Arabic]"I don't suppose I'm hallucinating and we're in the city of Paris," she calls out to whomever approaches. At least she hopes it's a person and not a beast. She continues with, "I apologize if I'm not exactly what you want, but I could probably sing like an eunuch if you wanted." Following that she laughs a little. She finishes with, "I don't suppose you have any clothing you could share with me? What I was wearing seems to of been taken from me. Also a hospital of one sort or another would be good."

As she speaks she'll push off the ground and get to standing. Then she starts to brush off the sand from her front and turn to the arriving figure. If she needs too she'll repeat herself and add in that he/she/they can call her Tereza. She'll also try and use her hair* to block her face until she can determine that it's not necessary.

*Forgot to mention I wanted it roughly down to the small of her back/elbow.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The foot steps belong to a lone man. He is completely wrapped in robes and rags, though they look impossibly clean and brilliant for walking through the sand for any length of time. The figure looks surprised, and somewhat embarrassed (as much as Tereza can tell without seeing his face). He doesn't say anything, going so far as to gesture that he can't speak. He gestures drinking out of a canteen, and then motions around, and makes some very quick and precise hand gestures (with cloth wrapped hands).

Tereza looks around and sees the desert sand rising up around her on all sides. She is at the bottom of quite a depression in the sands. There is a single scraggly bush nearby, about 3 feet tall, and nothing else but sand, the man wrapped in cloth, and Tereza.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Poonbahbah

"You can't speak? How about writing? If nothing else we can use the sand and our hands. Did your chopping motions cause the sand to rise up like that? Oh, could you show me your sign for yes and then no please so that maybe you can answer some questions? Sorry if I'm talking a mile a minute here but I'm trying to get my bearings. You seem to be traveling awfully light for the middle of the desert to me. Does that mean we're close to a town? If you were asking about water from me I don't have any. If you were offering, thank you and I'll let you know when I am thirsty. Would we have to dig much, do you think, to get to the water feeding that shrub? And apologies for not saying this sooner but hello and a pleasure to make your acquaintance Sir."

Tereza will give pauses after questions to give the man a chance to respond in some fashion.

OOC gesture vs 11 to try and get what he meant/means better. At a possible -3 if neither of my cultures cover his. ( 3d6=12)Doh.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The man sees the shrub she's talking about, and nods. He seems to understand most of what she is saying, but continues to maintain absolute silence. In fact, Tereza notices his chest isn't moving with his breath. The man isn't breathing!

He shakes his head at the mention of a town, somewhat mournfully.

When she mentions how light he's traveling, he indicates his clothes, as though that should explain things.

When she mentions the shrub, he pulls out a small shovel that unfolds, places his back to her, and begins digging.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
Poonbahbah

Tereza climbs a couple nearby dunes to try and get a better look of her surroundings then a hole in the ground provides.

After a while she walks back and offers to talk a turn digging when he gets tired. Following that she asks, "So are we dead and in some sorta after life? 'Cause I've noticed your not breathing. Either way may I travel with you please?"
Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

After climbing out of the hole, Tereza sees she's in a valley of sorts, with two large ridges (or are they mountain ranges) to the... Tereza has no idea what the directions are. To the right and to the left, at least. The sand was completely empty of anything. In fact, the only living things were her, the stranger, and the bush.

The man is still digging when she returns. he has dug astonishingly quickly, the sand in this area fairly firm, and what he is turning out now is easy to move. When she offers to help dig, he just shakes his head and gestures out his clothes again. When she asks if they can travel together, he nods and continues digging. After a while he pulls out a different tool, a sort of drill, hands her the shovel, and removes the wrappings from his face. He looks arabic, but certainly not the man she dreamed about.

Something snaps in the air. Tereza is not sure what it is, but something just broke violently, emanating from the clothing. the brilliant patterns turn to ash, and the man is left wearing clothing with lots of holes and all covered in soot.

His first action is to take an enormous breath, and to nearly hyperventilate. Then he starts celebrating very loudly to the tune of "Water!" and "I did it!" and psuedo-religious praises. Finally, he turns to Tereza. "Go dig a shelter for yourself!" He takes off his tattered outer robe, revealing clothing looking much more suited for desert travel "And try to be decent!" he throws the clothes at her, then goes to drilling through the ground, singing a song about striking water.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
Poonbahbah

Tereza's first order of business will be to don the clothing* she's given. Second is addressing the man, "Congratulations on the find. And please believe me when I say that I don't prefer to go around indecent. So now you can talk? And what happened to your clothes when you struck water? And why weren't you breathing before but now are?" She thinks to herself, this is an odd dream, but better than many I've had. Then continues on with the question, "So what's your name Sir? Believe I already said you can call me Tereza."

She starts digging into sand trying to form a hollow. After she felt like she's accomplished something she asks, "Does this look right so far?"

After they're done talking and if he goes back to singing Tereza will join in trying to improvise a counterpoint to his singing.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"I wasn't breathing because of the robes. Its wember*

"You can call me Muso. And your name is Tereza? huh."

"Well, It doesn't matter what you think about it, this place will be known as the city of the maiden. Once its built of course. What were you doing out here anyway?"

The counterpoint goes well: Though that may just because the tune he's singing is so simple. Its about building a city from just a well, and wandering alone in the desert.

*the word could be weaving, or it could be something else.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #10
Poonbahbah

"Muso do you have any other words that basically mean 'wember?' I don't recognize that word. I like that name, makes me almost think it's named after me. As for why I'm here... I dreamed of a man who looked much like you that tried several times to change me into a man, only it never stuck. After cursing for a while he left. Next thing I know I'm naked laying in the sand with you approaching. Oh, he also accused me of being childish and an eunuch several times." Then she adds almost wistfully, "Before that I was... living in a great city where I had hoped to make my fortune as a singer and an actress." In a happier voice she says, "So I gather you were out here looking for this," and points toward the water.

And she continues on with her attempted shelter building.

*from last post, forgot to ask exactly what I was given to wear. I assume the tattered robe but you kinda made sound like he gave me everything he.was.wearing to me.

Tags
lost in dreams