Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #31
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Elijah]

Elijah climbs back up into his own tree, and much to his surprise, falls fast asleep almost immediately.

He wakes up to pain. The rain has stopped, and he can hear... They aren't crickets. He had gone to sleep soon after the sun went down, and consequently, its still dark when he wakes.

The temperature had dropped by quite a bit, and the insects aren't moving as much. Elijah sees his first mammal, looking much like a mouse, but bigger and with sharp teeth, climbing on the branches above him.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #32
Talosian

Elijah stares intently at the rodent, thinking of the best way to attack it. Moving slowly and as quietly as possible, he will stand as much as he can on the branch, and pick up the knife. If it doesn't run away, and he can reach it, he will try to stab it with the knife. If it's out of reach, he'll try to shake the branch it's on, with the intent of scaring it to the trunk (so he can stab it).

(All-Out Attack (Determined). He'll add Telegraphic Attack if necessary to keep his chances decent (12~).)
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #33
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The pain defeats him, and the creature sees him coming closer and scurries up the tree.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #34
Talosian

(Define pain... Is this hunger pangs? Should he be examining himself for a snake bite? If it's at all localized he'll thoroughly examine himself. Otherwise... EDIT: Never mind. I should think more before I post. Ignore me.)

Frustrated, he lies back down to rest until dawn.

Last edited by Talosian; 02-24-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #35
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Elijah waits until his migranes stop, and the insects stop their strange noises. No Pterosaurs seem to be up yet though. everything is very quiet.

Last edited by ericthered; 02-24-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #36
Talosian

(Yeah, I realized that just too late. Edited my post just before you posted. Derp derp. Sorry about that. Migraines, by the way. Should've mentioned that.)

This cannot be happening. How the hell did I get here? Where is here?Elijah will cautiously climb out of the tree, and try to see if he can find any of the rodents in nearby trees. If he can't find anything, he'll make his way back to the river to look around (to see if anything has changed, or if there's any potential food that way).
Old 02-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #37
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

After his migranes have gone away, Elijah looks around for more of the rodents. He doesn't find any. Journeying to the river, he takes a look around.

The diplodocuses, or apotasauruses, or whatever the long necked creatures are, sit grazing in the river. Near them is a much more disturbing site: three large crocodilians sunbathing on the far banks. Elijah can't tell how large they are, but its a fair size.

He is able to see some hills sticking up out of the forest, covered in.. grass? his eyes aren't good enough to be sure at this distance.

The food options don't seem to have improved much.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #38
Talosian

Elijah takes a good look at his surroundings, attempting to memorize any landmarks that might let identify the place again. He'll also mark one of the trees closest to the river with the spearhead, so that he could identify it later.

He'll set off in the general direction of the hills, curious about them, and hoping that they might hold better prospects for food. He'll keep looking for any potential edible plants, or catch-able critters on the way.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #39
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

About 40 minutes towards the trees, Elijah is surprised when two men step out from behind trees.

They were leather made from reptile skins, held up by one shoulder. Each of the carries a stone tipped spear, and a bag much like the one you carry.

The one on the right is a young, somewhat smaller boy. The one on the left is a well muscled man with rough features.

"what are you doing on the lands of the dog tribe?"

Old 02-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #40
Talosian

Elijah stares in shock, surprised by both the sudden appearance of people, and that they spoke English. "I'm... Lost. I don't know where I am, and I have no memory of how I got here." Recognizing their tools as similar to the ones he found, and desperate to generate some good will, he holds out the tools to the strange men. "I found these near some bones. They must've belonged to one of your tribesmen."

Remembering that he's naked, and half caked in dried mud, he shuffles awkwardly for a moment.

(Going along with my general policy of not caring about rolls, feel free to make social rolls whenever you feel it would be appropriate.)

Tags
lost in dreams