Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2016, 01:39 AM   #16
NorphTehDwarf

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Swashbucklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Easily remedied. Per GURPS Low-Tech p. 57, a weapon's sheath or scabbard makes up 1/5 of its cost. That's for a basic one. And per p. 14, good quality (which here could mean +1 to Fast-Draw) costs +4 CF, while fine quality (+2 to Fast-Draw) costs +19 CF. So that gives these costs for new scabbards; you could presumably sell your old sheath to help cover a teeny part of the cost:

Fast-Draw Scabbard: +1 to Fast-Draw for the specific weapon it holds. Weapon weight is unchanged. Cost equals the full price of the weapon it holds (base price, before any CFs).

Fast-Draw Scabbard, Fine: As above, but +2 to Fast-Draw, and cost equals four times weapon price.
I like the idea, but for some reason I want a separately-bought piece of gear with a fixed price. Don't ask for reasoning, I don't have any. I took the prices of all the blades listed in DFD:S and averaged them to get a value of $487.78. I rounded up to $480, then again to $500 to match the TL7 Fast-Draw Rig in High-Tech (p. 154). Weight becomes neg. since we can assume it replaces the normal scabbard/sheathe and probably weighs about the same.

This gives us a Fast-Draw sheathe that costs $500 and gives +1 to fast-draw (weapon skill).

The fine variant would then cost $2000 and give a +2 bonus.

I like the fixed value better because it means that the player won't bother buying a fancy fast-draw thingy for a crappy little knife; it'd be a waste of money.

e: this post was not worth a new page; my bad.
NorphTehDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, fantasy