Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #31
Slepnair

Default Re: Private Game for Jericho Group - Zombie Apocalypse [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHLouviere View Post
"Hey Mikey...you coming to shore? If so, think you could grab my gloves from your car? If not, I'm gonna smash your windows in...if they aren't already."
Mike looked over at Sam. "That's assuming there's anything left in our vehicles.. based on what i'm hearing out there, i doubt it's going well."

Mike looked at everyone else then at the radio. "So, I can either try to fix this radio, and see what the heck is going on.. or I'll come with ya'll.. someone has to keep ya'll safe."

Last edited by Slepnair; 07-28-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Slepnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:55 AM   #32
Rhoopes73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepnair View Post
Mike looked over at Sam. "That's assuming there's anything left in our vehicles.. based on what i'm hearing out there, i doubt it's going well."

Mike looked at everyone else then at the radio. "So, I can either try to fix this radio, and see what the heck is going on.. or I'll come with ya'll.. someone has to keep ya'll safe."
Kai weighed the options, stealth versus being able to see. "I think I'd rather wait until the sun is up. I'd rather be able to see what we are getting into as we go in. In the meantime, Mike, let me know if I can help you try to get the radio working. We'll search the ship for any weapons that might help. I have a pistol in my SUV, too. If it is still there..." A lot of them seemed itching to get ashore. No one had made any move to discussing using the launch versus coming in on the yacht. "We'll have the Skipper drop us off tomorrow morning. Skipper, do we have any two way radios so we can stay in touch?"
Rhoopes73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #33
TheOneRonin

Ben shakes his head.

"We never needed any two-way radios before, especially with folks all carrying cell phones."

"And I agree with you on waiting until sunrise. The 78 is a safe enough place for now. We have room for people, and we are relatively mobile. And while I can bring you into Camachee Cove on the 78, I'd rather not keep her close to shore while you guys are out looking for supplies. The further out we are offshore, the safer we are. You guys have the flare gun and can send up a flare when you are back at the marina. Then we can pull up and get you."

"While you all are out, Carlos and I can take turns keeping watch to make sure we have a fresh set of eyes at all times. I'll keep the yacht running so we can get back to shore quickly."

"Also, I'll get some supplies organized for you guys to take with you...a bit of food and some water, but it's probably best if you plan to make it back here by before nightfall tomorrow. I certainly wouldn't want to be caught out there after dark...at least not until we can figure out exactly what is going on."

"Mike, the radio is all yours, though I don't have much in the way of tools specialized for electronics. I'll bring up my tool box from the engine room if it will help."

Ben looks around the common area at the sweaty, stressed, and worried passengers on the 78.

"Look, everyone is on edge...we are tired, hot, scared, and freaked out. What we need to do now is get some rest. Let's get Carlos and his family settled in, and then we can all bunk down for the night. Once everyone's ready, I'll seal up the yacht, start up the engine, and then kick on the AC and try to get the temperature down. We all need a comfortable night's rest. It might be the last one we get...for a while."

Last edited by TheOneRonin; 07-31-2017 at 08:52 AM.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:45 AM   #34
Rhoopes73

"All right," Kai replied, "if there are no objections, we will have Ben drop us off tomorrow morning. We'll go to our cars and get any things we might need out of them, assuming they are still intact, then try to find out what is going on out there. I figure the best places to find out what is happening are the police station, the fire department, the hospital, or the library. Any one else have any ideas?"

<insert response here>

"In the meantime, we should take a look around the boat and see if there is anything else that might be useful. While we do that, why don't you get your family settled in, Carlos. You guys can have my cabin; I'll sleep out here in the lounge."

Kai headed to his cabin to gather his things and allow the Romeros to settle in. It was the largest cabin, but was still going to be tight for the five of them. Kai grabbed his luggage and his diving knife. While he was moving things, he noticed the ice pick, used to break up chunks of ice for drinks. He grabbed that, too.

Once back in the lounge, he put his diving knife and the ice pick on the table. "I've got my diving knife. There is also this ice pick which you could stab someone with in an emergency."
Old 08-03-2017, 06:57 AM   #35
MHLouviere

Sam spent some time searching for anything that could be useful once they get to shore, but didn’t find much of anything. Guess I’ll do a quick workout before bed. She never took a day off from working out. It was too easy to get into a bad habit of missing a day here, or cutting a workout short here. Next thing you know, she’s knocked on her ass in the ring and someone else is wearing her belt. Tomorrow brings the possibility of a different type of fight. She grabs her jump rope and heads to the main deck. A good hour and a half later, after countless pull-ups, burpees, squat thrusts, lunge thrusts, shadow boxing and jumping rope, she sits on the deck overlooking the water. She unwraps a piece of Wrigley’s Doublement gum and pops it in her mouth after folding it over twice. She continues to stretch and takes a few deep breaths to clear her mind. I have always trained to be the best for me, but now I have to be the best for my family. Whatever we face tomorrow, I cannot fail them. I guess once again, Dr. Seuss had it right…When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow…Sam picks up her rope and gum wrapper and heads in to get some rest.
MHLouviere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #36
UrzaHarkonnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoopes73 View Post
"I figure the best places to find out what is happening are the police station, the fire department, the hospital, or the library. Any one else have any ideas?"

<insert response here>

"If we wanna get to a library we oughtta consider Flagler college down King street. It ain't even a half mile from the Marina. Worked for a gal that got her environmental science degree there and it's a reeal naaice-lookin' campus. Ain't exactly in the direction of the Castillo, but it ain't far removed neither."

Clint entered the kitchen area and looked around between kitchenwares before finding and picking up the fillet knife. After a few practice stabs and swings, he wrapped a hand towel around it. Then he taped up the dishrag from the bolster of the knife to the tip, fidgeting the knife while taping to make sure it was tight enough, and taped the improvised sheath on the side of his belt.

He then came back to the deck and moved to the side of the boat toward the short before sitting down and gazing across the shoreline for a spell. Whatever was the cause of all this destruction couldn't have spread too far. Or at least it couldn't be going too far outside populated areas. No way it coulda reached Clint's house in the backwaters of Florida's oft-forgotten natural beauty. Harold was probably safe and sound at home, none-the-wiser of anything wrong in the world. Despite these logically-sound assumptions, Clint couldn't help but worry.

Clint went to bed early that night, but sour thoughts took their sweet time to settle before the sandman made his visit.
UrzaHarkonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #37
TheOneRonin

7:32AM EST, August 9th (Wenesday), 2017 – Just off the coast of St. Augustine, FL

"Dammit," Ben muttered as he made his way to the fly bridge of the 78. A dense fog had settled on the coast over night. and visibility was maybe a couple dozen yards at best. He figured that up on the fly bridge he'd have a better chance of seeing what was in front of the 78.

"Carlos, I need you up on the bow...yell if you see anything in front of us. I'm going to take her in real slow," Ben shouted down to the Yacht's common area.

Ben could hear the rustling of bodies as the rest of the passengers packed and checked their supplies. A few had found some make-shift weapons, and Ben had packed a days worth of Food and Water into the old Rucksack he used for luggage. It was moderately heavy with a dozen and half bottles of water, several ham&cheese sandwiches and a few cans of Vienna sausages. It wasn't much, but there was very little food left on the Yacht.

Time passed slowly as Ben carefully guided the 78 around Vilano Point and into the Tolomato River. He navigated mostly from memory, as the fog was still thick as soup.

A few minutes later as they passed under the Vilano Beach Bridge, Ben noticed that he couldn't hear any cars. Even at this time, it was unusual for there to be no traffic on the bridge...Ben couldn't think of one time in the past where he passed under that bridge and hadn't heard a single sound coming from it.

"I think I see the pier, skipper!" shouted Carlos as they approached the Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor.

Ben eased back on the throttle and coasted the 78 to the pier. Soon, he heard the hiss of rubber on hull as the yacht ran up close to the pier. He heard Carlo land on the wooden planks of the pier and begin to tether the yacht in place.

"We are here, folks!" Ben shouted down into the common room.

Let's hope everyone stays safe and all of this panic and fear is for nothing, thought Ben.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #38
Slepnair

Mike finished tinkering with the radio. Unfortunately he wasn't able to fix it yet, but knew what he would need to finish the repair. He put everything back together and walked to the Captain and group.

"To repair the radio, I'll need the tools from my car, another radio for parts, a Standing wave radio meter, and a Dummy load. With that, we'll have an operational radio again."

Mike looked out ahead getting anxious not knowing what the hell was going on.

"Sam... I'm just gonna stand behind you.."
Slepnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #39
UrzaHarkonnen

Clint nodded to Carlos before stepping grandly onto the dock. "Ye're a respectable fella, I'll give ya that. Ben's been a blessing on us an' he'll take care uh you 'n yers."

Grabbing his belt-line (sans belt), Clint stepped onto the dock and spit into the harbor waters, before softly saying "Y'all'll keep keen now, right?" glancing at Kelsey, before returning to Mikey and Sam. "Whatever in tarnation is afoot, we're solid as long as we got our wits about us" Clint beamed a big honest smile at them before looking back at Kai. "An' as long as we got each other."
UrzaHarkonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #40
Rhoopes73

Kai had set himself up in the “Saloon” while the Romero’s tried to fit in the bedroom. He’d had a hard time getting any sleep, worried as he was about what was going on. Once everyone was settled in and Mike was finished futzing with the radio, Kai had tried to get some sleep. On top of the couch not being terribly comfortable for sleeping on, his mind would not shut up. If he had listened to the Skipper and put off the trip, they might not be in this position. Everyone could have been at home watching what was going on in St. Augustine in the news instead of getting ready to walk into the thick of it. Hell, if he had just taken a little time off from work when Helen first started feeling ill, she might still be alive.

He awoke to the thick fog. Not the best weather conditions for walking into the unknown. As the Skipper brought the yacht in, everyone else was getting ready to go ashore.
“Okay, everyone, this is it. If anyone doesn’t want to go ashore, they do not have to. This is strictly volunteer. Our first order of business is to get to our cars and fetch what we need out of them. We can take one of our cars to the fort and get the water truck and drive it back here. After that, we can see what is going on. Carlos, do you have a prescription for the medicine at a particular pharmacy? I’ll pick it up while we are looking around.”