Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #41
Acolyte

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

The Seraph (for that is undoubtedly what Heb Rhoneniel is) grimaces slightly. "If a contraction is necessary, Jedediah-Besek, it is necessary. I will answer to either Heb or O'Neill, though both are distasteful for different reasons."

He looks with horror for a second at Soma, then inhales and exhales deeply a few times. "Never deny your true nature, Somasti. Only dissonance can separate you from your Divine Connection to the human creature--and I will not permit you to behave in such a manner." His voice drops and concern shows through, though not without a certain amount of anguish. "Many of your Choir took that route to Hell during the Fall."

After a long pause, he reaches out and hugs her awkwardly. "You seem uncomfortable here, little Soma, but even the oceans teem with the sound of beasts, whales and fish and men alike. The noise of the city is just the sound of a different terrain."

He lets her go and turns to Rudy. "I think it would be better to more fully introduce ourselves, establish our abilities, and develop some kind of plan before rushing off to interrogate a Redeemed without a clear picture of what we want from her." He pauses again, collecting his next thought before speaking it in that gravelly, even tone. "Our introductions were no doubt sparse because of and colored by the presence of so many Holy Archangels in one place." Was that a joke? Possibly there was some wry humor there, though it is extremely hard to tell.

"As mentioned, I am Heb Rhoneniel, Seraph Vassal of Animals. My most potent abilities, however, are the Songs I possess. I as well know a few Creationers--one in thrice-damned Los Angeles and another in New Orleans. I will contact them as soon as our immediate business is finished, possibly while attempting to track down Euodias."
Old 08-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #42
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post

"I don't think I deserve the title of Friend of Man anymore."

She says jokingly and laughs.
"Oh, you can't think that! Man needs the wild spaces and green growing tings as well, little though they suit my own temper."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #43
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
He looks with horror for a second at Soma, then inhales and exhales deeply a few times. "Never deny your true nature, Somasti. Only dissonance can separate you from your Divine Connection to the human creature--and I will not permit you to behave in such a manner." His voice drops and concern shows through, though not without a certain amount of anguish. "Many of your Choir took that route to Hell during the Fall."
"I'm so sorry Heb Rhonenie, I meant that as a joke. What I meant was that I have been away from Man for so long I feel I have forgotten how to interact with them. Forgive me, I didn't mean to upset you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
After a long pause, he reaches out and hugs her awkwardly. "You seem uncomfortable here, little Soma, but even the oceans teem with the sound of beasts, whales and fish and men alike. The noise of the city is just the sound of a different terrain."
"I like that. Yes, I think that will help me to adapt better. Thank you"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #44
Andygal

Naomi reaches over and gently clasps one of Soma's hands in hers "It may not be having forgotten, it may simply be that you've been away from human society for some time and things have changed, things change more rapidly now then ever before and even I, who have been living in the middle of it sometimes have difficulty keeping up. Even many of the older generations of humans are being left a bit behind the times." she smiles "so don't be too hard on yourself."
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #45
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Naomi reaches over and gently clasps one of Soma's hands in hers "It may not be having forgotten, it may simply be that you've been away from human society for some time and things have changed, things change more rapidly now then ever before and even I, who have been living in the middle of it sometimes have difficulty keeping up. Even many of the older generations of humans are being left a bit behind the times." she smiles "so don't be too hard on yourself."
Soma squeezes Naomi's hand and smiles

"Thank you. I'm glad it's not just me. But I can't argue that it is time for me to 'catch up' as it were."

She thinks for a moment and says

"Well, since Heb Rhoneniel started on introductions, I feel I should follow his lead. As I mentioned earlier, I am Somasti, but feel free to call me Soma. I am a Mercurian of Flowers. Although I do have quite a few Songs, I believe my primary strength to be in the many friends I have made throughout the years. I can count Servants of Janus, Jordi and David among my friends. I even count a few of the remaining Servants of Oannes among that number. Most of my skills are physical skills used to find and stop poachers, as well as survival skills. So I don't think I would be very helpful in many of the situations facing us in the city, I'm afraid."
Old 08-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #46
Andygal

"And I am, as I mentioned, Nechama, I currently use the Role name Naomi. I am a Mercurian Vassal of Protection. I think my primary skills are in the area of dealing with people. I have spent the last two decades in the Role of a psychiatric nurse, and have been in similar Roles before, so I've developed a good deal of knowledge of how to deal with people. I know a number of Songs, though my Songs are defensive in nature. As I also mentioned I know one Creationer in the UK I can contact for information. "

She smiles at Soma again "We search for one who wanders far, who knows where that search may take us? We may find ourselves some place where knowledge of the wilderness will prove invaluable. It's always useful to have a wide variety of skills on a team."
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #47
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Rudy's eyes sparkle; always good to see new friends getting along. "Couldn't agree more, Naomi. As I said, I'm called Rudy ... Rudy Blumenkranz, and if you know any German, that'll give you a good idea what I am." Her smile grows. "Mom hung a more dignified name on me long ago, but it's kind of like a fancy dress you keep in the closet -- not exactly suitable for everyday wear."

"I'm in the same service as Soma here, but different Choir -- in my case, where there's a Wheel, there's a way. I've lived in the Bay area for a while now and know it backwards and forwards; know quite a few people in this city, including a lot of folks in the park here. A lot of 'em are friends now," she adds a little shyly, "since the Lady wanted me to be one of her 'helping hands' here."

"And of course, there's my old partner here." She reaches out to the red bicycle, strokes its frame tenderly. "Almost nothing we can't do together, when the rubber hits the road."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #48
Dalillama

"My name, of course, is Jedediah-Bezek, although among humans I am known as Bazil Jesek; Baz is acceptable in any case, though. I am a Friend of Lightning, directly serving the Angel of Networks. While I do know a few Songs, most of my abilities lie in the field of computers and machinery. I can make computers sit up and beg, and I'm capable of maintaining, reparing, and possibly improving almost any sort of machinery at need. I know a number of programmers and hackers in the Free Software movement, one of whom is a Creationer; I've already started making overtures."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #49
ladyarcana55

"Oh wait, I forgot a couple of things. I have a couple of animal vessels, one of the a hawk and the other a cat. That can help us with surveillance should that be necessary. I also have a Reliever as a Servant."

She looks over at Heb

"Avaria was a gift from Jordi. He presented her to me only recently, within the last 30 years. In fact, I should introduce you to her..."

She concentrates for a few moments and a songbird lands on her shoulder.

(OOC: I will let our GM decide what Avaria does and how she responds. The picture I found that I thought would work: Avaria)
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #50
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Oh wait, I forgot a couple of things. I have a couple of animal vessels, one of the a hawk and the other a cat. That can help us with surveillance should that be necessary. I also have a Reliever as a Servant."

She looks over at Heb

"Avaria was a gift from Jordi. He presented her to me only recently, within the last 30 years. In fact, I should introduce you to her..."

She concentrates for a few moments and a songbird lands on her shoulder.

(OOC: I will let our GM decide what Avaria does and how she responds. The picture I found that I thought would work: Avaria)

Rudy looks at the songbird with genuine delight. "How pretty!" she whispers. "Do you think she would mind if I ... stroked its feathers for a moment?" Her smile turns half-apologetic. "I guess by the time you get to Vassal of Flowers, you start wanting to show affection to everything."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp