Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-23-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
WolfInSheepsClothing

Default [OOC] Kept 4 Dead

There is interest, so we will discuss some details.

Strangers crowd together, barricaded down for the night, asking each other the inevitable, "Well, what do we do now?"

This will be a modern, cinematic (not supernatural) game of Z-poc survival. All cinematic traits are welcome, and even encouraged.

Goals, and the ultimate plot direction are up to the survivors. The setting is USA, though we will mostly use generic sites rather than actual locations.

As far as a specific physical starting set, I am completely flexible.

Characters

All survivors should be built on 150 pts and a (soft) 40pt disad limit, with a generous paragraph or two of description and background. These back stories will set the tone and direction of the game.

Please post the character concepts in this thread.

Note: All starting PC's are immune to infection for free, though they may be carriers.

Recommedations on appropriate traits can be found in GURPS Zombies!

Zombies

Most of the zombies that you have encountered are fast, tireless runners incapable of learning, however as the weeks drag on, you have noticed an alarming trend: zed is developing strange, often deadly mutations!

Except when encountering a new type of mutant, survivors will not be required to make fright checks; you have all been galvanized by your experiences during the first days of the outbreak, or else you would not have survived this long.
WolfInSheepsClothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [OOC] Kept 4 Dead

BTW, I am relatively new to GURPS, and this is my first PBP, but I have been GMing for quite a long time. I also lurk PBP games often, so I think I can handle this.

That being said, all *constructive* criticism is welcome and will be appreciated. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings, I make a living being as hard as Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon!
Old 07-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
Poonbahbah

So if we're immune for free does that mean most people we encounter will turn quickly after being bitten? Do we know how it spreads or if "carriers" come back as zombies after death? How much of the population seems to be immune/carrier, is there any visable symptoms of being a carrier? Are we likely to be the only people we encounter?

So they're fast tireless and incapable of learning. What exactly does incapable of learning mean to you? Do they remember who they were with an overwhelming need to eat human flesh or more like particularly smart or dumb animals? How strong are they on average? Is it only people or have we seen zombie anything elses?

As for character I was thinking a renaissance fair knight. Big, tough, good with knightly weapons. Having armor probably doesn't hurt either. Kinda silly but you can let me know if it's too silly.

Also I expect a lot of the answers will be we don't know. Like do carriers come back from the dead if we haven't encountered that yet. And we'd probably destroy the head just to be on the safe side unless something distracted us.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #4
LemmingLord

Where I'm keeping my notes:

?? - Anne Rightly -- ??
Nenette - "Brigitte Monique Anqetil"
Spoiler:  

Poonbahbah - "Tim Roberts Knight Errant"
Spoiler:  

Skullcrusher - Aaron King, Elvis
TheMatrixWalker - ??
Delton "Diana" Hayes
Spoiler:  

Last edited by LemmingLord; 08-22-2015 at 11:14 AM.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #5
WolfInSheepsClothing

There are no visible symptoms that you know of, with respect to immune carriers, though a physician-type character may be able to discover something with some effort.

You can expect to meet other people; they will likely be scared and desperate though, so some sort of social skills might help to put them at ease.

The zombies do not require a head-shot to kill, though it is the most effective and sure way to take them down.

Turn time varies greatly per victim, but is *generally* counted in seconds rather than minutes. Atleast one of you claims to have seen someone last hours before turning.

As for a ren-fair knight, I freaking love it! That could be alot of fun.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemmingLord View Post
Should we come up a theme on how we met? Then come up with who we are?
A theme is fine, though you all could just as easily be random strangers who only met a few minutes ago.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #7
LemmingLord

If we have a knight.... Maybe I could play either a Catholic Bishop or a drag Queen...
Old 07-26-2015, 11:12 PM   #8
Poonbahbah

If he's good enough he could of been the queen of the ren fest.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:20 AM   #9
WolfInSheepsClothing

My wife is considering playing a ren-fair visitor; her character would be a pacifist military (intel) in her real life, but dressed and equipped as an iron-age viking peasant.

She is running a fever after our weekend at the river, but she will be posting as she recovers.

I guess this means that our starting set will be at the ren-fair!?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #10
Nenette

Hi everyone, I'm the wife.

My character is a French native enrolled in the US Army, Viking re-enactment enthusiast and was visiting the Ren Fest when "sh*t hit the fan". I was dressed as a Norse peasant with a short sword. That attire involves a very long linen dress and apron overdress. Not convenient at all to run from zombies. Realistically I would snatch some britches or leggings from one of the ren-fest store ASAP. What does the GM say ?

I was there with friends and I guess they probably all died during the outbreak.
Nenette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps, l4d, survival, zombies