Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #11
larsdangly

Default Re: Purchasing a copy direct from SJGames?

Nice! Somehow I didn't think to get involved in the kickstarter, but will be happy to get my freshly minted pocketboxes for a few faves!
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #12
larsdangly

Quick question about plans for order fulfillments: At the moment, the three paths to getting a Legacy Edition boxed set are: 1) try to get from a retailer, starting next week; 2) Order from W23; or 3) order through the options associated with the various kickstarters (e.g., I ordered one for somebody using the PocketBox kickstarter). Is there a difference among these options in when you'll be sending them out?
Old 04-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Quick question about plans for order fulfillments: At the moment, the three paths to getting a Legacy Edition boxed set are: 1) try to get from a retailer, starting next week; 2) Order from W23; or 3) order through the options associated with the various kickstarters (e.g., I ordered one for somebody using the PocketBox kickstarter). Is there a difference among these options in when you'll be sending them out?
Pocket Box is set to deliver in October, so any orders through that channel will be delivered late this year.

The fastest option is to look for the game at your local store on Wednesday.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #14
larsdangly

Oo, thanks for letting me know. Do you know if I can cancel an order I just placed through the pocketbox campaign so I can pick it up through a faster route?

Edit: Nevermind; I figured out how to cancel through backerkit. Cheers-
Old 04-16-2019, 05:10 PM   #15
philreed
I do stuff and things.

And now:

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...legacy-edition
Old 04-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #16
larsdangly

Hurray! I just ordered one for my brother, who will be positive ecstatic to receive it.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #17
Shadekeep

Nice! They are listed as First Edition boxes. Are those going to continue to be manufactured, or is it a matter of "selling until current stock runs out", at which point the next edition is printed? If the latter, might be good to note "Limited First Edition Stock" or some such to help motivate buyers. ^_^
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #18
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
Nice! They are listed as First Edition boxes. Are those going to continue to be manufactured, or is it a matter of "selling until current stock runs out", at which point the next edition is printed? If the latter, might be good to note "Limited First Edition Stock" or some such to help motivate buyers. ^_^
"First printing" is what you're looking for. At the moment, all copies of the game are the first printing. We have not pulled the trigger on a second printing.

Whether Kickstarter, direct from Warehouse 23, or from a game store, the printings are identical at this moment.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #19
Shadekeep

Right, I had the semantics scrambled. Editions are typically for rule iteration changes, a la D&D. So these are still in the first printing cycle then, and thus can be expected to contain the goodies pegged to that run. Good deal.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:47 AM   #20
philreed
I do stuff and things.

A new option for those who have not yet picked up the Legacy Edition game: The Decks of Destiny project offers an "Everything" reward level that gets you caught up with the product line to date.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cks-of-destiny