Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #11
Mack_JB

Default Re: Fnord Con M6 M7 maps

Yeehaw! I got the email announcement yesterday, and went straight to my W23 account and ordered them. These are glorious days for the Ogre player, indeed.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #12
Celjabba

Happy news : they are also available as addon on the Pocket Box Games of the Eighties backerkit... with a much reduced shipping for us European.

Added !

Btw : the picture for M7 on backerkit is the same than M6.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #13
Buzzardo

I ordered them yesterday morning - can't resist maps. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #14
Brad Shantz

GAAAH! I can't order them until Wednesday!!!! I hope they don't sell out!
Brad Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:12 PM   #15
selenite

I got to play a game on M7 against someone who was determined to prove it was a viable map for an all-GEV force.

He changed his mind. :)
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #16
Senturian

I see playmats for Ogre labelled M6 and M7, I have the original Ogre map, GEV, G2, G3, Shockwave, S2 and S3.
I'd like to get all the maps I might be missing in paper form, like the originals, all in the same size hexes.
A list of those I'm missing, so I know exactly which ones, and suggestions on how to acquire them.
my thoughts go toward thinking an Ogre, or attacking force, may decide to attack a CP from any direction. the CP should be in the center to allow the possibility. The defensive setup would need to take this into consideration, talk about balancing forces.
Senturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:32 AM   #17
Cat

The M-series maps are different than all the paper ones. These are new designs printed on 24" x 24" neoprene with 1.5" hexes like the big paper ones. Short print-runs of the designs have been made available during Kickstarter projects over the past year; odds look good that they will be available in upcoming KS projects if folks keep buying them.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #18
Mack_JB

And to think, M1 was "just an experiment" -- and now we're up to M7, with more coming already hinted at. I'd say it was a successful experiment.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #19
TheAmishStig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
And to think, M1 was "just an experiment" -- and now we're up to M7, with more coming already hinted at. I'd say it was a successful experiment.
Not only was it "Just an experiment", Phil was so nervous it was suggested as "If you guys can pre-order 100, we'll place the order". M1 is on what, its 4th or 5th reprint now? Plus Munchkin is getting in on the action, between the Mat of Mayhem and the "Globe Theater" board that Shakespeare fell short of the stretch goal on during its KS...

Saturday during the keynote, whoever was speaking at the time said straight up that Steve and Drew have a lot more ideas, so as long as they keep selling they'll keep producing new ones.

It's a shame that the realities of production made it so they don't line up with the original G/S series...but those are getting love too, with G3/S3 coming to ODE-style mounted board via Battlefields, and Steve having an 'oooooh!' moment when "Y'know, you could get S2/G2 into the hands of people who missed ODE by doing a battlefields 2 and making an all-new G4/S4...." came up during the KS.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #20
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Man, I drop off the radar for a couple days, and the world goes all topsy-turvy on me. More maps is never a bad thing