Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
Witchstar

Default About the paper arena maps in Melee/Wizard - A Wish

The Kickstarter fulfillment went pretty smoothly for me. I'm really excited about what I got and looking forward to trying out the game.

The components are almost completely amazing in quality. I totally get why Melee and Wizard use folded paper arenas to play on. They're probably cost-effective to produce and are more portable than the cloth playmats for us to carry when we're running around playing games and stuff. But they're not very durable.

If I could make one wish for The Fantasy Trip, it would be for an option to replace them arenas printed on the same material as the megahexes. They could be the same size as the paper maps, but cut into rectangular sections so they could fit in the Melee or Wizard boxes (assuming their thickness allowed it), and with simple puzzle-piece cuts on adjacent edges so they lock together like the board pieces in Descent: Journeys in the Dark or something.

I do have the cloth mats and will use those for my Melee and Wizard games. But I also like the portability of the paper arenas and would totally buy into a more durable option that fits in that conceptual space.
Witchstar is offline   Reply With Quote