Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 04-03-2015, 03:12 AM   #921
tantric
Banned

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

confessions of a weirdness magnet, part 2

i'm growing infusoria to feed my fish, so i need glass full of animacules under light. i went to get a jar, and for no reason i can imagine, the jar has a dead cicada in it and is covered with plastic wrap, like it's been executed or some ****. my father probably did that, meaning to show it to me, whatever, but i need the jar. i take the bug and put it under the light, like posed, like respecting the dead and ****. when i come back with my pond water [later] it's moved, on its back, off the glass thing i put it on, with its front legs broken off, like posed there still on the glass and the other stuff i put there swept off. so, okay, sacrifice accepted?

when i went to get fresh pond water, my expensive rechargable flashlight vanished off the face of the earth. i went back there and looked for it. the 'neighbor' who technically owns the stopped up creek rode out in golf cart and asked me what i doing, and then what i was doing on his property with a flashlight. i told him that the dirt road not 50m from me was private property, which i know because it's named after my family, 'cause we been the first house on that road since god was a boy. right of access gives me right to be on this road, and its gulleys and appeasements. my daddy was born there. his daddy lived and died there. my fathers and their uncles hunted the land he was standing on to put meat on the table. he said i didn't have to be mean, but i'm guessing he doesn't have my flashlight. i hate it when they take my stuff. dammit.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #922
tantric
Banned

confessions of a weirdness magnet, part 3

they're not active today - mostly. when i sat down on the porch, a beautiful little 5 lined, blue tailed skink stuck it head out and looked at me, and ran. and then a minute later chased a bug out, stopped, panicked and ran lickety-spittle back....just like a ferret. then, he came out, walked across the porch and walked between my feet, so his blue tail just brushed my insole. just like a ferret saying 'i know you're there, 'sall good'. i know that was a random event, not a message to me saying, 'hold on, we're gonna hitch you up with another ferret, this one with a no cancer pedigree'. right. just cause it means **** to me and i get this rush of serotonin like i'm peaking on good x, just for a few minutes, that doesn't matter.

i take a drug that works by slowing the frequency of the nerve signals hitting my brain. if i don't, i'm like a raw nerve all the time, no filters, hypersensitive - i'll model my life to avoid loud noises and ****. so, yeah, maybe i don't see everything and i loose stuff. that's why my stuff vanishes and is never seen again, or gets replaced by something better in a very conspicuously unlikely manner. and beautiful animals come up and touch me like snow white in a ****ing disney movie!!! which is great, right? i bet i can teach him to catch crickets by the end of the summer.

oh, and for the first time in months, i got something to read. i picked 'the 3 body problem', the from chinese translation, kinda randomly. the last book i tried a while back was 'young adult' which can be genre when handled with a deft hand, but not so much terse in a complex SF book ('red rising') then nothing before that for months, i was writing my own book. and what is 'the 3 body problem' about? reality coming apart in a scare the **** out of you manner, in a detailed PRC both in the Cultural Revolution and the near future and is *fantastic* but it's also about reality coming apart in a scare the **** out of you manner. it's not like the shoggoth sound has stopped - i hear it about once a day, but it's WAY TOO ****ING LATE IN THE GAME for me to go looking after that **** if it ain't directly harming me. it's not like i started with an assload of SAN points, if you get me.

Last edited by tantric; 04-03-2015 at 12:37 PM.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #923
William

By the way, on this Passover night, this Holy Saturday, while Jesus lies still in the grave, a total lunar eclipse will paint the skies the red of blood, just before sunrise.

Enjoy your astrological symbolism.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #924
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
By the way, on this Passover night, this Holy Saturday, while Jesus lies still in the grave, a total lunar eclipse will paint the skies the red of blood, just before sunrise.

Enjoy your astrological symbolism.
And by the Chinese zodiac this is the year of the sheep, so that's "blood of the lamb".

Also, about two weeks ago, we had a full solar eclipse...

Take note of Revelation 6:12, "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;"

Was there a major earthquake in the past month or two?

Viva la apocalypse!

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:56 PM   #925
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Was there a major earthquake in the past month or two?
A 7.5 in Papua New Guinea. There were apparently zero deaths.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #926
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
A 7.5 in Papua New Guinea. There were apparently zero deaths.
That's an incredibly powerful quake to have zero deaths. I'm not sure if I believe that for such a well known poor nation with large swathes of poorly documented locals.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #927
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
That's an incredibly powerful quake to have zero deaths. I'm not sure if I believe that for such a well known poor nation with large swathes of poorly documented locals.
Just about every person who dies in a earthquake will die from structural collapse one way or another. If the epicenter was in an an area that had no inhabited rigid structures, then there might not be any fatalities.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #928
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Unless somebody falls over and hits their head on a rock, you're going to need structures to collapse in an earthquake to cause fatalities.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:13 AM   #929
doulos05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Unless somebody falls over and hits their head on a rock, you're going to need structures to collapse in an earthquake to cause fatalities.
Rockslides/avalanches could cause fatalities as well.
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #930
Anders

Thug 'trying to have sex' in ambulance punched paramedic preparing to take 92-year-old to hospital

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox