Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #41
Anthony

Default Re: Character Generation House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
So... do you have the same problem with Dwarfs? 45 points of being better at fighting (tougher is better) and -25 that doesn't make then any worse
+3 FP is basically useless for warriors in vanilla DFRPG as warriors are unlikely to spend a large amount of fatigue in a single battle (and over multiple battles, Fit will generally be superior). Poison resistance is not terrible, but 6 levels tends to be wasteful. I would disagree about the disadvantages not making them worse, unlike social disadvantages (which can be avoided by not engaging in social activity, which is viable in DF), it's hard to evade the consequences of greed and stubbornness.

As for elves, Forest Guardian is pretty OP for scouts and similar characters, but has no synergy with appearance and not much with magery 0.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:33 PM   #42
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Character Generation House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
+3 FP is basically useless for warriors in vanilla DFRPG as warriors are unlikely to spend a large amount of fatigue in a single battle (and over multiple battles, Fit will generally be superior).
I'll grant. Since I've refused to let go of my Extra Effort in Combat rules (Kromm can pry them from my cold dead hands!) I keep forgetting FP is nigh useless for non-casters and non-FP fighters (Swashbucklers and Martial Artists).
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character creation, character generation, half og