Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
naraht

Default Servitors of Death with Songs of Fruition.

Should a Servitor of Death get dissonance when singing Celestial Fruition, or do they have to actually perform the act with it in order to get the dissonance (or should they get one note for each?).

For Corp Fruition, I figure they get it at the time of singing, not sure about Ethereal Fruition.

Note, I would presume that Saminga would make spare forces out of any Servitor of Death who *had* the Song of Fruition.

Hmm. Which Demon Princes would be most likely to let a servitor *live* who had acquired a Song of Fruition? My guess are Vapula, Kobal, and Nybbas.
naraht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
alexondria

Default Re: Servitors of Death with Songs of Fruition.

Kronos

extra text since the name of the demon prince is too short a message
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
JCD

Andrealphus is also likely
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Andygal

Nah, Andre would worry that the demon would get attached to their partner through the kid if they used the Song.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
Nah, Andre would worry that the demon would get attached to their partner through the kid if they used the Song.
Well, I hate to disagree but even in the vignette in the front of Heaven and Hell, that Shedim had that Celestial baby and it was all part of Andre's plan. Since they are Dissonant if they care about anything, a little extra attention to one of them is enough to make sure things are going as planned. And leading an Angel down the road by their attachment to the child is enough to get a new recruit.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #6
tHEhERETIC

I may regret asking this...

Is there any canon on the Angel of Death? Playing a ghost at the moment has me thinking--how is he going to know the rules of death and afterlife (to be able to tell the PC's)? An angel of Death IST Litheroy?

I don't own the Litheroy book yet--I'm kind of pinched for a couple weeks.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #7
chris the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
I may regret asking this...

Is there any canon on the Angel of Death? Playing a ghost at the moment has me thinking--how is he going to know the rules of death and afterlife (to be able to tell the PC's)? An angel of Death IST Litheroy?

I don't own the Litheroy book yet--I'm kind of pinched for a couple weeks.
The canon Angel of Death is an archangel whose name is not stated. Beyond that I can't tell you because he/she/it is mentioned in a book I don't have (Night Music) and so I have no idea what it does say about said archangel. The impression I have is that it does not say much.
chris the cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #8
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris the cynic View Post
The canon Angel of Death is an archangel whose name is not stated. Beyond that I can't tell you because he/she/it is mentioned in a book I don't have (Night Music) and so I have no idea what it does say about said archangel. The impression I have is that it does not say much.
--pout-- I have that book and it's not in the index, so very little indeed. Skimmed the Saminga section (I'm a bit hyper these days) and didn't see it there either.

But I'm picturing Death as above the political fray--after all it's hard to form much opinion of someone without even a name. More reclusive than most ethereals. Deeply caring, but in a long view sort of way. Cherub perhaps. The friction with Saminga would have to be addressed--maybe regards Saminga as Carnage rather than Death per se, though such sophistry dances on a Balseraph edge.

Someone with a silent, secretive cadre of angels, heavy on the relievers as they can work unnoticed and are awfully hard to question without appearing to be a bully. Despite these secrets and so much about death that is ineffable to the living, he/she/it might work with Litheroy for the souls in transit, like my gabby ghost. Ghosts are so upsetting, and if they understood the big picture they might be more cooperative in doing their part in it.

Just musing at the keyboard.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
Attercap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
--pout-- I have that book and it's not in the index, so very little indeed. Skimmed the Saminga section (I'm a bit hyper these days) and didn't see it there either.
According to the Incyclopedia, the AA of Death is referenced on page 81. Basically, it's an extremely brief mention in Druiel's writeup saying that the angel hoped to one day meet they mysterious AA of Death but hasn't yet. That's it.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
Jason

I think David Edelstein's write-up sounds like it fits pretty well with your notion, though you may need to adjust some of the back story and Choir. Perhaps instead of being an Outcast Grigori who's still tacitly tolerated, he's the quiet, secretive Cherub you describe, still in good standing.

(One reason I personally like the idea that he's a Grigori, though: No Grigori Archangels are actually described by name in the canon -- just noted as "the Archangel of Song" -- and the Archangel of Death is never named either. Perhaps, just as the Seraphim Council believes that speaking the Outcast Choir's name disturbs the Symphony, it's considered bad form to refer to the Outcast Archangels by anything but their Words...)
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dissonance, saminga