Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 10-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #1
Astromancer

Default Dugeon Fantasy requests [Kromm]

The first request is, please O Kromm, post to this thread so I can link to your blog and look at updates on GURPS!

The second request is that, in a couple of years (when it makes pragmatic sense) re-edit the Dungeon Fantasy into a series of logical packages that are larger and cheaper than the present from. I'll have bought the older versions, but I figure the re-edit will bring in newbies, especially if you set up a tasty beginers pack.

Thank you for your attention.

Oh anyone else with a polite Dungeon Fantasy request for Dr. Kromm may make it here.

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Dugeon Fantasy requests [Kromm]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
The first request is, please O Kromm, post to this thread so I can link to your blog and look at updates on GURPS!
His blog is here.

Quote:
The second request is that, in a couple of years (when it makes pragmatic sense) re-edit the Dungeon Fantasy into a series of logical packages that are larger and cheaper than the present from.
I'm not sure that it would ever [1] make pragmatic sense to do that. Re-editing into a single volume (or a smaller number of volumes) invalidates any page references to the existing volumes, which means you create confusion between those with the older versions and the newer versions.

Quote:
Oh anyone else with a polite Dungeon Fantasy request for Dr. Kromm may make it here.
I want a book about treasure!

...oh. Right. Never mind. Anyway, one might be better off expressing a general interest in DF products rather than petitioning Kromm himself. Frex, I get the impression that he's extremely unlikely to write adventures, so if someone wants those, you're unlikely to get them from him.

1. Short of an entirely new edition.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
Steven Marsh

To add a bit to the previous (correct) reply, I note that one of the advantages of e23 is that items stay in "print" -- and available -- indefinitely. Thus, so long as we get a book right the first time, there's little incentive to revise items for revision's sake alone. A much higher priority for e23 is to chart "new territory" -- supplements and sourcebooks that cover material that hasn't been seen in GURPS before.

I'm not saying we won't ever revise Fourth Edition material that's in e23, but we don't have any current plans.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #4
Astromancer

Many thanks Turhan's Bey Company and Steve. Now to make a sane request.

I request a book of dungeon pieces. Traps, wonders, interesting old junk to hide stuff in, and stuf like murderholes and spyholes. Descriptions of hallways, stairways, doors, ect. Watersources, and ventillation too. The big book of bits and pieces of dungeons.

Non-monster encounters.

Ancora Imparo
Old 10-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
I request a book of dungeon pieces. Traps, wonders, interesting old junk to hide stuff in, and stuf like murderholes and spyholes. Descriptions of hallways, stairways, doors, ect. Watersources, and ventillation too. The big book of bits and pieces of dungeons.
Most (but not all) of that is in here... and the rules to use them are in here, if I recall correctly.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
Astromancer

Okay here's an IDEA! A book about those bits and pieces of the kingdoms needed to sustain a Dungeon Fantasy setting: Royal Courts, Law Courts, Taverns, Black Smiths, Heathern Temples, Castles, Weathy Cities with exotic problems, that sort of thing. Farms are never part of Dungeon Fantasy so you can leave those smelly things out. As Dungeon Fantasy is cinematic in the extreme, realistic details aren't needed, just the proper dramatic uses.

Ancora Imparo
Old 10-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
Astromancer

Just a hope that someone sees this thread and reacts....positively.

Ancora Imparo
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Stone Dog

One of the more recent Pyramid magazines had a whole issue of crime and punishment that included a random table of interesting sentences and the Justiciar DF template. You could check that out!
Stone Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Dog View Post
One of the more recent Pyramid magazines had a whole issue of crime and punishment that included a random table of interesting sentences and the Justiciar DF template. You could check that out!
Thanks for the tip.

Ancora Imparo
Old 10-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
Stone Dog

Quote:
Thanks for the tip.
No problem! It really is rather good. It is the only issue I have purchased so far and only because of its DF potential.

I am satisfied so far!
Stone Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy