Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 AM   #41
Methariel

Default Re: [OOC] In Nomine: the Mile Higher Club

Hello everybody,

I'm okay with fast-forwarding, because I don't think there'll be much character-interaction during the ride. At least a certain Seraph will remain silent and looking out of the windows, to avoid conversation with that Mercurian.
And, not to be misunderstood: I'm delighted by Rina-el; she appears to be much fun.

Barbara, is your tooth better, yet?

So I'll meet you at the "Blue Dog"?

Peter
Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 AM   #42
Sylver
MIB

Thanks, Methariel!

I'm having a great time playing her! :)

At this point, I think Puck is going to have to take over the narrative, him being the one who knows Nain and all.. :)

Barbara, I hope you're feeling better!

Hugs!
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:20 AM   #43
Methariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
Thanks, Methariel!
You're welcome. But actually it's nothing to thank for; I'm just being (is there a need for this "being"?) honest.

Quote:
At this point, I think Puck is going to have to take over the narrative, him being the one who knows Nain and all.. :)
You're right, but it's too bad that he'll probably post when we're both asleep - well, or at least until it's night on our side of the planet. So long to wait...

With best regards,

Methariel
Old 09-13-2007, 07:21 AM   #44
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
You're welcome. But actually it's nothing to thank for; I'm just being (is there a need for this "being"?) honest.

You're right, but it's too bad that he'll probably post when we're both asleep - well, or at least until it's night on our side of the planet. So long to wait...

With best regards,

Methariel
Better--thank you all. Actually been better for a couple of days now, just saw you folks interacting and it warmed my little GM's heart. When things flow, I step back and watch.

Yep, "being" in that sentence works. You're "being honest" in one instance. You're honest as a matter of daily virtue. (I teach English grammar and literature to native teenagers).

Plotting for the 23rd, so far mostly exposition, have to figure out how to wind it up a notch.

Going to let y'all* discuss Dark Man etc. a little bit before I bring in Wyatt.

*y'all. No, I'm not Southern. I just get frustrated that there's no pronoun for you--plural.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-13-2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Watching progress
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #45
tHEhERETIC

Default Locations and Characters list

Since we're all converging on the same location (finally! says my LARP brain) I thought it wise to take a moment and note who and what is where, from what I can see.

Feel free to introduce your character as well as yourself. I find that usually folks play better when they have a sense of each other as people, though in all fairness I like the direction MHC is taking so far and don't feel it needs correction. Not what I had in mind when I conceived/titled it, but better.

So without further ado:

Locations:
*** On board commercial aircraft. This usually is just where introductions and entrances take place, but you never know.
*** Los Angeles and its environs. The 'Release the Bats' chat episode took place in Anaheim which is technically the next county over, but hereabouts people drive a lot so the distinction doesn't mean much.
Within Los Angeles:
***The airport. Los Angeles International unless otherwise noted. Highly secure, huge and with amazingly adequate parking. Ugly traffic though.
*** The Tradewinds pawnshop. Yes, it's an actual pawnshop. Owned and operated by Mitchim('s role).
*** The Blue Dog. Coffeehouse and hangout somewhere on Fairfax. Not much has been established yet about this place.
*** Tether of Eli, somewhere in Watts. Watts, for those who don't know, is a very rough part of town where two gangs live and kill within blocks of each other. Unfortunately that's reality too.

Dramatis Personae: Player Characters in order of appearance
*** Mitchim, Seraph of Trade and owner of the Tradewinds pawnshop. No-nonsense and serious. Finds Corat a bit flighty (forgive the pun). played by Puck
*** Nain, bright Lilim of Destiny. Role of a bartender with a personality to pull that off nicely, friendly and inquisitive. played by Mysteris
*** Shenmachel, Seraph of the Sword in the role of Gerhard Reuter, Interpol officer. "apparently a tall, blond man with light blue, almost grey eyes and a stern facial expression" and insanely perfect posture. played by Methariel
*** Rina-el, Mercurian servitor of Flowers, role of Jasmine. Apparently local to Los Angeles, she has a very flower personality--warmhearted, demonstrative, forgiving, even flirtatious. Which drives Seraphim to fits! Describes herself as an "old friend" of Corat's. played by Sylver
*** Aaronebat, Elohite of Destiny, role of Aaron Reliford, a traveling motivational speaker. played by rudeboyscott

Dramatis Personae: Non-Player Characters in order of appearance
http://community.livejournal.com/innominelive/8740.html
*** Pepito, Impudite of Dark Humor, role of Chris Breckenridge high school goth kid. Is generally considered small fry in L.A., and rumored to be bound to his vessel. Put in a homeschooling program for acting up at school.
*** His mother Mrs. Breckenridge.
*** Corat, Ofan of the Wind, in the role of John Wyatt, U.S. Federal Air Marshall. Commonly borrows the body of Alx LeDante, L.A. area artist, through some kind of friendly arrangement. Wyatt is a stereotypical Ofan-times-Wind, perpetual motion on legs and itchy at any sort of confinement. Usually friendly and seemingly trusting, he can still come off with the occasional salty language or little white lie. Joined the Big Brothers to get closer to Pepito and make his life miserable by suggesting the homeschooling route, among other things.
*** Ryuki Watari, sorcerer of some renown. Japanese-American occultist/theurge who is rumored to be attempting to summon angels (which is theoretically impossible). Highly intelligent but with no clear alliances. He is respected and feared by the community, and rumors suggest this is in part due to some very crafty deal making. He and Corat clearly know each other; Corat describes him as a "f**king loan shark".
*** "The Dark Man" aka? Gavin Russo. Source of much speculation, he has recently come into some prestige within the occult and/or gothic community. He led the ritual that was supposed to summon angels, while Ryuki was present. The relationship between the two men is unclear.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-19-2007 at 09:46 PM. Reason: adding some bullet points to be clearer, add to Nain what is now known, specifying Impudite
Old 09-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #46
Methariel

Hello everyone!

On tenses:

Can we decide if we write in the present or the past tense? I find our (myself included) changes in tenses a little bit...inconsistent.
It's just an aesthetical matter, but nontheless...

With best regards,

Methariel
Old 09-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #47
tHEhERETIC

Mysteris--sorry I did in fact forget about your schedule. Thanks for being a good sport!

Reminder on my GM style--while I try to stick to the books as best I can, if I think something would be really cool and it works intuitively I will run with it. I may back-engineer it later with the rules (as I have with the Dark Man--he was originally going to be a demon), but... My advice is that if your gut says one thing makes sense, and the rules say otherwise, go with your gut. Story over rules. Loose canon.

I am having so much fun watching this conversation, you have no idea.

I'm on lunch just now, but have something evil planned for when I get off work, or maybe late tonight when the European players have had their 'turn'.

I like how Methariel has filled in some of the details on Los Angeles--all of you feel free to do the same. This will be the truth as far as your character knows it, and will in most cases be the truth. Make this setting your own. It saves me writing ;)

Remember next Sunday, the 23rd at 2pm California time. Try to give me a sense of whether you can be there, and I'll adjust my NPC's accordingly. I'll make sure not to throw you anything you can't handle.

Barbara

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-18-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: note on setting
Old 09-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #48
Sylver
MIB

Hugs,everyone!

I just re-read the IC thread (which was a blast! Everyone should do it once in a while! :) ) and I noticed something that troubles me a little..

All the Angels that we have encountered have Celestial names and Role names..

While it makes sense for the angels to think of themselves by their Celestial name, and possibly to introduce themselves to other angels with their Celestial names, while talking in public places, like the cafe, we should all be calling each other by our Role names..

It would be pretty problematic for Rina-el, for instance, to be remembered by other people (not Celestials) as anything other than Jasmine.. Otherwise confusion will prevail and that is likely to endanger both her "day job" and her ability to gather information..

So while I was probably just as bad as everyone else with this separation, from now on I will *think* using Celestial names (including speaking of myself as Rina-el thinks, etc) and *talking* using Role names (Rina-el turns to Shenmachel and says, "Why Gerhard, you have great legs!", etc)

Hugs! :)
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #49
Methariel

Hello everybody!

Quote:
While it makes sense for the angels to think of themselves by their Celestial name, and possibly to introduce themselves to other angels with their Celestial names, while talking in public places, like the cafe, we should all be calling each other by our Role names...
Well, why doesn't make Rina-el this proposal directly to the others? ;) I do fully understand the concerns behind it - as does Shenmachel, who just doesn't like to use Role names, although he knows of their necessity and will use them (sometimes if reminded to do so). At least, he just calls a person with a word that is a name, he doesn't say that it is that beings name...

Another thing I wanted to say concerning the "Dark Man" I didn't do - just because I forgot. I always thought that Divine Destiny (and Fated Future) just were able to discern the Destinies/Fates of humans and not celestials. Just Yves (and Kronos) were able to know of the Destinies/Fates of celestials - and perhaps Ethereals...
I don't have my "Superiors 3" with me, at the moment, perhaps someone could look it up there.
So there wouldn't have been trouble with the "Dark Man" not having a Destiny/Fate. This just allows the "reader" to know that he probably deals with a celestial - or an ethereal.

Concerning the 23rd I can't say if I have time - at the moment. I'd be happy if I could attend, but I don't know, yet. If I'm not able to attend, the conference took up too much of Shenmachel's time, I presume...

Methariel
Old 09-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #50
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
Another thing I wanted to say concerning the "Dark Man" I didn't do - just because I forgot. I always thought that Divine Destiny (and Fated Future) just were able to discern the Destinies/Fates of humans and not celestials. Just Yves (and Kronos) were able to know of the Destinies/Fates of celestials - and perhaps Ethereals...
I don't have my "Superiors 3" with me, at the moment, perhaps someone could look it up there.
So there wouldn't have been trouble with the "Dark Man" not having a Destiny/Fate. This just allows the "reader" to know that he probably deals with a celestial - or an ethereal.

Concerning the 23rd I can't say if I have time - at the moment. I'd be happy if I could attend, but I don't know, yet. If I'm not able to attend, the conference took up too much of Shenmachel's time, I presume...

Methariel
Very perceptive on the Dark Man and Divine Destiny. I tried to explain my rewrite in an earlier post using computer terms...pffft. I'm going a little off canon on this one, stating as a house rule that DD/FF can sometimes read celestials depending on how important they are. In other words, if Yves/Kronos doesn't consider it classified information, they'll let you read it. Not saying Dark Man is a celestial...

When Nain read him it wasn't "You don't see his Destiny". The reading was very clearly "He has no Destiny."

Good luck on making it Sunday. I hope you can make it, and glad you've written into the story an idea in case you don't. (Hopefully that made sense.)

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-19-2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: trying to clarify

Tags
in nomine