Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #11
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Mile Higher Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
I'm still slightly puzzled, the chat game will be set in one room? I suppose when I pictured a chat game I assumed it would be something more like Fiat Justitia, Ruit Caelum. Logs can be found here if you're interested.
http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~maya/nomine/fiat.html

I didn't play in that game, but lurked a bit and read the logs and it always struck me a very fun way to play.
It does.

There was an April Fool's game my ex hosted for the Malkavians--I'm trying to find the transcripts but they're very old so it could take awhile to dig them out. That would just serve to illustrate what I'm used to.
Still, Fiat...Week One looks to me like everybody getting acquainted and on the same page. That's what I'd like to see in the PbP. Once we get down to the chat game, I expect a couple of side rooms sure, but the bulk of what's going on will take place in a single location. Remember...I'm a LARP thinker. I'm used to players physically being in the same place, and that's how I tend to write stories.

Use PbP now to get acquainted. Aug 19th we'll go live chat and see how far we get. After that you folks can bring it back to PbP, take it to e-mail, or...? How long the story lasts will be up to you.

And in case we've got any lurkers--anyone can add at any time.

If anything on this thread seems incomplete, try this thread. http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=28650 I've kind of lost track of what is where.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 08-06-2007 at 12:36 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #12
Puck

Just to let you know, I'll be out of town this weekend and won't have internet access.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Just to let you know, I'll be out of town this weekend and won't have internet access.

--pout-- I guess I'll have to pick on some other players :eek:

Have a good time out there Puck.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #14
tHEhERETIC

Default Books available to your dear GM

Got out to storage and retrieved the rest of my collection (thanks to whoever those MIBs were, years ago, who put those in my hands), so here's what I have available at Casa de Haeresis:

Core (softcover 1st printing))
Corporeal Player's Guide (softcover)
GM's Guide (softcover)
Superiors 1, 2, 3, 4 (softcover)
Liber Umbrarum (pdf, thanks Dataweaver)
Sorceror's Impediments (pdf)
Night Music (softcover)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I get to play with Khalid again! I get all the funky badness of Nybbas to torment players with again! I get to flesh out the Yvesian in my live game! (Sadly, I'll still have to wing it with the Kronos bit on the live game. I'll live.)
Old 08-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #15
tHEhERETIC

Default GM's notice

Still intending to run a chat game on Sunday, August 19th, 1pm U.S. Pacific Time. DarkMistress is hosting the chat room and will be posting its address in the near future. People who want side scenes or private messages (like information that only their character would know) please let me know what chat server you'd like to use and what handle you have there. I have AOL Instant Messenger (favorite), Yahoo Messenger (reliable), and ICQ (which works when it wants to!). I can use the Private messages here, but I don't know how fast they are i.e. whether they'd work in a real-time environment.

The game will be run as close to real time as logistically possible, and will take place (change of plans) in a suburb of Los Angeles. In the past couple of weeks I've rethought my original game and have darkened it and rescaled it based on the feedback I've gotten. I hope you all will have a great time!

Last minute additions will be accepted.

Barbara
aka tHE hERETIC

Chat room address--she'd already posted it!
http://www.wodnyc.net/cgi-bin/chat/InN.cgi

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 08-16-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: adding the link
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:38 AM   #16
Methariel

Default Apology

With this posting I just want to apologize for not being able to post my character, yet. I was occupied with quite a lot of things during the last two or three weeks (containing my thesis, visits to various persons etc.), but hope to be able to send the story of my Seraph and the being itself into the game by Thursday (at the latest (does one say it this way?)).
Would you be so kind, Barbara, as to give again your eMail-address?

Thank you very much,

Peter/Methariel

EDIT PS: And I'm also very sorry to have missed the game yesterday. How has it been?

Last edited by Methariel; 08-20-2007 at 12:43 AM.
Methariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #17
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: Apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
With this posting I just want to apologize for not being able to post my character, yet. I was occupied with quite a lot of things during the last two or three weeks (containing my thesis, visits to various persons etc.), but hope to be able to send the story of my Seraph and the being itself into the game by Thursday (at the latest (does one say it this way?)).
Would you be so kind, Barbara, as to give again your eMail-address?

Thank you very much,

Peter/Methariel

EDIT PS: And I'm also very sorry to have missed the game yesterday. How has it been?
Just use the private message function here--click on my handle and there should be a menu to send a private message.

Thesis vs. game--Peter, your priorities are in the right place. Missed you all the same though.

Begin posting for your Seraph as soon as you like. Send the character sheet when you can. Come play!

As for the rest of you--Mile Higher Club is still open! I'll run another chat game at about the same time next month, depending on my work schedule. Meanwhile, it's celestials on a plane, with occasional landings in Los Angeles.

Have fun!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #18
Puck

Default Re: Apology

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Just use the private message function here--click on my handle and there should be a menu to send a private message.

Thesis vs. game--Peter, your priorities are in the right place. Missed you all the same though.

Begin posting for your Seraph as soon as you like. Send the character sheet when you can. Come play!

As for the rest of you--Mile Higher Club is still open! I'll run another chat game at about the same time next month, depending on my work schedule. Meanwhile, it's celestials on a plane, with occasional landings in Los Angeles.

Have fun!
Glad to hear there will be a second chat game. If people have Pyramid accounts, may I recomend the Pyramid Chatroom. It's a MUD rather then AIM or Yahoochat, but I feel that it works well for these sorts of games. On the downside I belive it requires you to have a Pyramid account.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:26 AM   #19
Sylver
MIB

Hugs!

Would it be possible to get a recap of the last chat game for all of us who missed it? Or will that ruin the ability for us to join in the second one?
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #20
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
Hugs!

Would it be possible to get a recap of the last chat game for all of us who missed it? Or will that ruin the ability for us to join in the second one?

Ruin it--no, but I would prefer you find out what happened from the two characters who were there--Nain and Mitchim. Well, Corat was there, but he's laying low. Embarrassed I think.

I can post what happened, but knowing that at least one character was there got a wild mis-impression I think it would be more fun to find out this way.

In other words, consider Mile Higher Club PbP to be a continuation of the chat game rather than a separate one.

Quote:
On the downside I belive it requires you to have a Pyramid account.
Which I intend to do, but this time of year my budget is complete chaos, so I can't be sure whether I'll get such an account in time. This, and I'm trying to weasel some old coughWoDcough friends into this game, and don't want to put that barrier up just yet.

Tags
in nomine