Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #1021
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: [OOC] In Nomine: the Mile Higher Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Used the time to canon-ize what's in play on sorcery, with one change. I was contemplating Shenmachel's "tainted" comment and figuring that he's largely right.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERE...tml#initiation
I'll have to reread it when I get home but I think I've been consistent. I want to point out something again:
Quote:
Ryuki
He has to think on that a minute. "Sorcerers generally, no. They start out just like any other guy, sometimes a little brighter than your average guy, sometimes not. But most of us don't have anything special until they're initiated, and then they can Hear and have to figure out what to do with that.
"Me? You know there's one thing I've always wanted to know." The words are winding up to a rant, but the tone of voice is simply negotiation. "Why give a kid the sound of the universe, the music of the greater Symphony, and fail to give that kid any kind of instructions? I've seen it drive adults to the brink of madness--maybe the celestial people don't understand the impact that has on a human mind. Maybe the demons do understand and just like to watch. I did what I had to do to stay sane.
What he's saying--or rather talking around, as he could argue that he is not talking about himself--is that he was Symphonic at a too-young age. Hatiphas, or any other celestial, cannot enter into a contract with a human below the age of Reason, canonically twelve. In other words, if he was hearing the Symphony before that age, he is not necessarily Hellsworn.

---edit-- Reread it, reread canon, making a slight change to the page itself. Making a contract with Hatiphas is, well, making an infernal contract. She doesn't give Symphonic sense away for free, no matter how mixed a gift it may be.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-08-2010 at 02:49 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:13 AM   #1022
tHEhERETIC

Alright, it's about time.

Ryuki being one of the main characters and potentially the most tempting to screw with, I wanted to get him to a point where I had some idea what you were going to do there. Now I think it's time to start the overlapping scenes.

In this case it won't matter whether you let him go, dispatch him, or chain him to your ankle--in the latter case he'd demand a trip to the men's room! In any case he won't be in the lobby on the next day when the next set of characters first arrive. If your character is there that's up to you.

I'll be tossing the main arc around in my head and, depending on how things go with the Hayley/Andersons scene I may drop an additional overlapping encounter on the following day.

Honestly I've lost track of what day of the week our story is in, except that it is a weekday. For now I'll take RadLilim's idea to heart and you'll know which scene you're in by the NPC's name, with some color-coding on the chance that you decide to introduce them to each other.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-10-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #1023
tHEhERETIC

Okay, got a handle on the timeline again. Can't edit the Angelfire page from here but can transcribe it later. We'll need a point of reference now that the threads are diverging. I'll also have to consult the Angelfire page to see what date it is--sometime in November of 2007, and not Thanksgiving.

Valefor breached the Wind tether on an early Monday morning. The day of the week here may be important, or at least it's significant in that it places certain people in certain places on the right day of the week.

The party did much of the planning on Monday. I'm going to say Tuesday as well, even though it isn't explicitly there it gives everyone time to gather resources and get to Ontario/Orange.

The encounter with M'ranoch Atel therefore was on a Wednesday, and Corat went upstairs and left Wyatt around on a Wednesday afternoon.

Ryuki/Scott/Kevin/Jensen are on a Wednesday evening, as is Ash.
the Andersons/Hayley Morris are on a Thursday afternoon.

I'm doing the writeup on the address book when I'm not simply having a weekend (it's Friday here in Korea and my cat cost me some sleep last night). In a few days I'll be poking players however I have to, probably by throwing things at them that are hard to ignore. ;)
Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #1024
alexondria

Quote:
Okay, got a handle on the timeline again. Can't edit the Angelfire page from here but can transcribe it later. We'll need a point of reference now that the threads are diverging. I'll also have to consult the Angelfire page to see what date it is--sometime in November of 2007, and not Thanksgiving.

Valefor breached the Wind tether on an early Monday morning. The day of the week here may be important, or at least it's significant in that it places certain people in certain places on the right day of the week.

The party did much of the planning on Monday. I'm going to say Tuesday as well, even though it isn't explicitly there it gives everyone time to gather resources and get to Ontario/Orange.

The encounter with M'ranoch Atel therefore was on a Wednesday, and Corat went upstairs and left Wyatt around on a Wednesday afternoon.

Ryuki/Scott/Kevin/Jensen are on a Wednesday evening, as is Ash.
the Andersons/Hayley Morris are on a Thursday afternoon.

I'm doing the writeup on the address book when I'm not simply having a weekend (it's Friday here in Korea and my cat cost me some sleep last night). In a few days I'll be poking players however I have to, probably by throwing things at them that are hard to ignore. ;)
Are the Andersons there to see Corat? and have then been introduced to any of the pcs yet?
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #1025
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
Are the Andersons there to see Corat? and have then been introduced to any of the pcs yet?
Yes, as are Hayley and her father, and no they haven't.

My bad for failing to make that clear.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #1026
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Yes, as are Hayley and her father, and no they haven't.

My bad for failing to make that clear.
Fixed that but via PM--you folks will have to talk to each other.

Conveniently, Ryuki will leave for a couple hours (unless you stop him) Wednesday night, and being you are in a heavily angelic hospital it won't be too hard to get privacy from the mundanes. I suggest you compare notes.

I also suggest you don't give Ryuki the privacy he wants. He's got Plot, see, and if he forgets you're listening/watching he might let more things slip. How much? Well, how long/far are you going to follow?

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-13-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #1027
Andygal

Spammers go to Hell. Reported.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #1028
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Fixed that but via PM--you folks will have to talk to each other.
The previous message was brought to you by the bad GM who skips meals.

Fixing the thing now. While I'd like PC's to compare notes, I'm out of line to force the issue.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #1029
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch takes his leave from the hospital in the evening after making sure Sunae had someplace to spend the night.
Sunae would prefer to stay at Wyatt's apartment primarily because her stuff is there. Would that be do-able?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #1030
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae would prefer to stay at Wyatt's apartment primarily because her stuff is there. Would that be do-able?
Doable, but with complications. I'm handwaving the cars--I'm sure you've figured out a way to get one you can drive, all of you. You are spitting distance from a War stronghold, and they luvs you.

The complication--spilled milk in Mitchim's case--is that it's harder to compare notes with the other characters when they're not in the same room. Of course, nothing stops anyone from going with you, except perhaps you.

Speaking of Mitchim--for Hayley Morris use Miley Cyrus, and actually Google it! Otherwise I'm only going to share the writeups on the ones you've actually met---edit and that he talked about ---. And that's going to take me a little while.

IRL I'm breaking in a new coteacher on Wednesday and it's making things here at work a little tense. Helpfully I've found an online radio I like, so at least something cuts through it all.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-14-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Tags
in nomine