Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Anonymous GM

Default An Experimental In Nomine PBP

(First off, if this isn't an appropriate thread-topic for this board, please let me know; I searched the FAQ and didn't find any rules against it, but just in case...)

I'm trying to get an In Nomine game going over at www.rpol.net; this game would be a bit unconventional, and I'll be quite up front that I'm not totally sure it will work in practice, but it seems like an interesting enough idea to be worth trying out.

The basic concept is to provide more of an environment than a storyline. Get a bunch of players into the game, playing individuals of any of the In Nomine character types (angels, demons, humans, undead, ethereals, etc.), on every side of the War. Ask that in addition to creating a character, you consider some specific goals and actions you'd like to take to advance yourself, your Superior's Word, your goals, etc.

The theory is that if I can get a decent number of characters occupying the same city, we might be able to get a self-sustaining game going where the plot is entirely player-created, as characters serving various conflicting and complementary goals work for and against each other.

It's received a bit of interest on that site, but it's an older game and a lot of people have never heard of it. I thought it might be worth seeing if anyone here has any interest in trying a game like this out.

If so, please feel free to drop me a private message, post any thoughts or questions here, or to check out the game itself.
Anonymous GM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net play