Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 11-28-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
b-dog

Default Dungeons of Sin and Corruption

When I was young and playing D&D I remember all the warnings of how D&D would lead me into a life of depravity and eventually straight to Hell. For some reason this only made me more curious about D&D. It seemed like I would enter some sort of horror movie where I would be trapped and chased around by monsters and possessed by demons. But the reality was that when I would have D&D adventures I would just be attacking ogres and trolls and collecting their treasure. So I was thinking how to try to make dungeons live up to their hype and I could only think of an idea where the dungeon is a corruptive force on the nearby town. Maybe the dungeon is selling drugs to get the townsfolk addicted? Maybe the townsfolk are entering the dungeon to worship demons and sell their souls for money or power? This is the kind of paranoia that makes me think about what dungeons and dragons was about according to the people who tried to get it banned. Maybe some townspeople are possessed by demons or maybe they have made pacts with dark forces. You can never trust anyone...The only way is to destroy the dungeon and the monsters inside before it corrupts their souls and the townsfolk end up in Hell.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
martinl

Default Re: Dungeons of Sin and Corruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
where the dungeon is a corruptive force
Perhaps it takes folks who might otherwise become heroes and turns them into folks who break into others' homes, murder them, and steal any valuables in sight?
martinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
Perhaps it takes folks who might otherwise become heroes and turns them into folks who break into others' homes, murder them, and steal any valuables in sight?
You can do that as long as it is to restore traditional family values.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
You can do that as long as it is to restore traditional family values.
I think I have the Delusion for my next Cleric character...
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:44 PM   #5
Black Leviathan

Think 7 deadly sins.

There's drug den in the dungeon that's making workers slothful. The young noble is being seduced by monsterous temptations. Monsters with mind control power exit the dungeon by night, filling villager's mind's with wrath and envy. Corruption is any measure that isn't taken from a purse or put into a grave, it could be caused by an articulate psychic effect or an overall sense of dread or hopelessness.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote