Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-05-2015, 11:25 PM   #131
Kalzazz

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Actually, my point 6 above was I assumed Kerna didn't heal herself with magic due to the self healing penalty, but now you've had her go and heal herself with magic

From Characters, pg 248
"Anyone who tries to heal himself has a skill penalty equal to the amount of injury he has. For example, a wizard who is missing 4 HP rolls at -4 to heal himself"

Thats what I was trying to get at in point 6, there was no discussion of the 'penalty to self healing for spells' rule
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:09 AM   #132
mook

Got it! Thanks-- updated.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #133
Kalzazz

With her Major Healing at 12, -5 for having eaten damage, gives her a skill of 7, so according to the handy chart on pg 171 of Characters, 16.2% shot of making it

On a failed roll however she only loses 1 FP, not 3 FP see pg 235 "On a failure, the spell does not work. If success would have cost energy, you lose one energy point;"

Major (and Minor healing) both have penalties for repeated castings on the same target in the same day, I am unclear whether the counter ticks up only on successes or if it ticks up on failures also
Old 12-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #134
mook

I posted this yesterday, but passed out from fatigue (almost literally) before I could post announcements.

Taking a break this week from lots of rules and fiddly bits, and instead talking a bit about my home campaign setting, Locus, a pan-dimensional city that gives you the excuse you need to let players create any character they want, and run whatever crazy, "kitchen sink" adventures you want.

I hope you enjoy, and would love to hear what you think (especially if you are or are not interested in reading more in the future).

Please post any replies to this forum thread instead of here.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #135
mook

Expanding this week on Locus and its zones, before moving on to new topics for a bit as I work on a structure for the eventual PDF.

The discussion from the other thread was super helpful, thanks all for the input!
Old 12-27-2015, 03:05 PM   #136
mook

It's not Thursday, but I'm enjoying a bit of an end-of-year vacation, so I posted a brief overview of some of my favorite posts and projects of 2015. Who knows, maybe you missed something good. :)

EDIT: (Doh, just checked the Illuminator, and it's a year-end wrap up too! Didn't expect anything from Kromm 'til the new year.)

Last edited by mook; 12-27-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #137
Kalzazz

I enjoyed the GURPS Tutorial type posts, and would like to see more of those
Old 01-07-2016, 07:27 PM   #138
mook

Happy Thurpsday! Kicking off the new year with a Table of Contents for the Locus multi-dimensional setting, detailing what's to be covered in the coming weeks and months before it's all collected into a PDF for download.

Anything I overlooked?
Old 01-14-2016, 03:32 PM   #139
mook

By default, GURPS is nowhere near as complex as its reputation sometimes suggests. But there are still times when it's useful to streamline it *even more*, usually for one-shots or groups wanting a more "free-wheeling" kind of vibe. Here are some specific tips for doing just that!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:48 PM   #140
GM Joe

Another great post, and much needed as something to point to when folks bring up the inevitable "GURPS is too complicated" meme. (Is a response to "GURPS can do anything, but anything you do with it feels like GURPS / all GURPS campaigns are the same" meme in the offing?)

(BTW, I stumbled upon a typo. "half" (bolded, below) should be "halt".)

Quote:
And I’ve been wrapped in GURPS’ warm, fuzzy embrace long enough to have had a lot of it seared into my gray matter. I may not remember friends’ birthdays, or dentist appointments, but I do know that it’s -1 to parry with a knife, and -4 to try and hit an opponent’s hand. My home games never suffer from “rules stoppages,” having to grind the game to a half to look something up, because I either already know the rule I need or know where it is on my GM screen.

Tags
blog, blogs