Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
zombietots

Default Alien Boudoir

If you draw this card and NO monsters are in the room, how does it affect the player that draws it? Do you lose a level if you have no armor? or is there no affect?
zombietots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Alien Boudoir

Things to remember about Rooms in Star Munchkin:
  1. Other players can play a Wandering Monster to add a Monster to a Room you found when kicking down the door even if there is no other Monster.
  2. If you didn't find a Room when you kicked down the door, someone can play one, at which point, 1. applies.
  3. If you choose to look for trouble, the Room you found or had played on you applies to that combat.

So, given that information: You're asking what happens when you kick down the door, find the Room Alien Boudoir, and no one plays a Monster with Wandering Monster and you do not choose to look for trouble, or, you kicked down the door, didn't find a Room or a Monster, someone played Alien Boudoir on you, and then a Monster was never played by you or someone else.

As of right now, since I have somehow avoided answering this in the past (and it's been asked, I looked): The first sentence on the card says that if there are Monsters, they want to be "friendly." That's not necessarily in a way that says they won't fight you, but more in a way that's, well, not family friendly to describe, so I won't. I feel that this is a qualifying statement to explain the text that follows. So, if there is no monster, then there are no effects to affect you.

If Andrew could get access to better insight on that card, I'd welcome it. :-)
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote