Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
devinjt

Default Kneepads of Allure... BURNING QUESTION

I have an ongoing debate with some friends at work... They say that the kneepads can be used to request the help of however many players are playing. I believe the kneepads can only enlist the help of one other player. Please let me know the answer and if possible show me in the "official" rulebook where it says it so that I can put this debate to bed.

Thanks a bunch!
devinjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Bampop

Default Re: Kneepads of Allure... BURNING QUESTION

One other player. You can only ever have one helper. Nothing about that card changes that.

From the rules:

Quote:
If you cannot win a combat on your own, you may ask any other player to help you. If he refuses, you may ask another player, and so on, until they all turn you down or someone helps. Only one player can help you, adding his combat strength to yours. Anyone can play cards to affect your combat, however!
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com

Last edited by Bampop; 06-09-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
thedag

Default Re: Kneepads of Allure... BURNING QUESTION

Just to further clarify. The rules also state a card must specifically say so if it goes against general rules of the game. Since kneepads of Allure do not specifcally state you can get everyone you want to help then the limit of one helper only applies.
The card would just be way too powerful if it guaranteed win every time which is what your friend was suggesting. Any instant combat win cards are all one shots not an ongoing item.

Tags
allure, cheat, clarification, kneepads, rules