Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 11-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
Dalin

Default Saltmarsh in DFRPG

Ran a great pickup DFRPG game this afternoon with some friends using the "Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh" from Ghosts of Saltmarsh (one of the D&D 5e glossy hardcovers). I didn't do any conversion ahead of time and only skimmed the beginning of the adventure before the game started (I'll admit, though, that it was one of my favorite AD&D modules back in the day, so I remembered the basic plot.) It was super-easy to run and a lot of fun for everyone involved. With the more detailed town in this version, there was a great balance of roleplaying, expedition preparation, and spooky delving.

I'm not recommending it over other DFRPG material (which is fantastic), but if you've got a hankering for an updated classic, I thought this worked great with minimal effort.

(Some would ask why not just play it with D&D ... but I just like DFRPG better. I like skills and I like disadvantages and I get grumpy without them in my game. Saltmarsh had plenty of natural opportunities for both elements to shine.)
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote