Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:13 AM   #41
RoyT

Default Re: Comments on Ogrezine

Any thoughts on how frequently this will come out? Regular schedule or random? Other than warehouse23, how to get it?
RoyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #42
totalfailure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyT View Post
Any thoughts on how frequently this will come out? Regular schedule or random? Other than warehouse23, how to get it?
Well, technically there is no guarantee of even a volume 2. It is totally dependent on the community to come up with content to go in it, after all. Actually doing that, and getting it to Drew to review, is a lot easier said than done.

I wouldn't really expect much more distribution than as an e-zine/pdf through Warehouse 23. If you want a hard copy, they gave permission to print it for personal use, which a print shop could do also. That's likely the only way you'll see a hard copy of this. Remember, the number of people that gave money up front was still less than 1000 to see volume 1 happen.

Last edited by totalfailure; 06-28-2018 at 09:16 PM.
totalfailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:10 PM   #43
wolf90

I'll answer these questions in reverse.

As far as where to get this (and any potential future issues), Warehouse 23 is your source. I would love to see Ogre reach Monopoly penetration in the game market; that's just not likely to happen. So if you want additional material for the game, much of it will be directly from us.

As far as frequency of release, as totalfailure accurately noted, even a second issue is not a foregone conclusion. That said, I'm hopeful that we will have another issue (& more beyond that!) and am preparing as if we will. Also, totalfailure was correct in that the more quality submissions I receive, the easier it is to move forward with that goal.

For now, if we have additional issues, they will be on an infrequent schedule. As the game's popularity grows, it may develop into an annual release. But again, this is highly contingent upon the support every issue receives as well as the support the whole game line receives.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #44
totalfailure

The only other thing I would have added is this, which was some guidelines on what kind of articles would/would not be likely to get published. I assume it is still valid.
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/products...e/writing.html

Alas, I am no writer or even idea man. If something changes, this place will be the first to hear of it, and maybe someone else can run with it! I hope we can continue to find ways to keep Ogre alive.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:21 PM   #45
wolf90

It is indeed still valid and thank you for posting it.

As far as ideas, don't undersell yourself. Being a participant on the forums with active conversation can develop ideas through the "hive mind", that I then can nourish into a full-fledged concept!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #46
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalfailure View Post
Alas, I am no writer or even idea man. If something changes, this place will be the first to hear of it, and maybe someone else can run with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
As far as ideas, don't undersell yourself.
Definitely don't sell yourself short. I am by no means a writer, either, but somehow I've written stuff that's now been published. I never had any intention of that happening, and yet it happened anyway. :-)
Old 06-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #47
totalfailure

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind. I have written stuff for plastic model websites in the past, but those were more review/opinion than original ideas. A big difference. I am hoping for the best for Ogre, and that we can break out past that core of people that are keeping it alive right now.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #48
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalfailure View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind. I have written stuff for plastic model websites in the past, but those were more review/opinion than original ideas. A big difference.
The only way to find out is to try! I feel the world could use more writers.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:36 PM   #49
sparky00

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
This is exceptionally helpful. I honestly thought we were good, but the initial reports were worrisome. Thank you for your help and investigatory prowess!

We look forward to pictures of your final creation!

D.
Well, it took nearly forever (work/travel), but I was finally able to get the Hot Rod MK V finished.

Didn't think it came out too bad, all things considered.

pics here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...nightfall-ogre
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:14 AM   #50
Izzy_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky00 View Post
Well, it took nearly forever (work/travel), but I was finally able to get the Hot Rod MK V finished.

Didn't think it came out too bad, all things considered.

pics here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...nightfall-ogre
Neat! Like how you used the two maps boards to create a background.
Izzy_B is offline   Reply With Quote