Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 03-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #21
ColBosch

Default Re: Thank you, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I've got the day off, so I think I'm going to go ahead and run through Death Test for the first time in...wow, 30 years or so.
...slaughtered by gargoyles. Yep.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #22
Dranic1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Great post! I will pour one out for you and your lost comrade when I play my first session with the new materials (hopefully this weekend!).
Thank you that's nice of you to say and much appreciated. I hope your package arrives by tomorrow.
Dranic1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #23
The Semi-Retired Gamer

I wasn't expecting my TFT Legacy Edition for at least another week because I live in a very small town in Oklahoma. Well, it came today! I'm so impressed with the whole thing that I registered here just to say THANK YOU to everyone at Steve Jackson Games for this fabulous product. It's like the 1980s here and I have my pocket boxes of Necromancer, Ogre, One Page Bulge, and Car Wars. I'm digging it!
The Semi-Retired Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:13 PM   #24
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
...slaughtered by gargoyles. Yep.
...eaten by bears, and then annihilated by a couple of dwarfs. I had forgotten that he's nicknamed "Evil Stevie" for a reason. :D

Seriously, the more I go through the Legacy Edition, the more I'm loving it.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:07 PM   #25
larsdangly

One of several best things about TFT is that you are at serious risk of getting murdered more or less all the time, and Death test, plaid straight by the rules, makes the point well.

It's hard to go back to those other games where you kind of know you're just going through the motions in most fights.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #26
JohnPaulB

Will there be any updated PDFs soon? Or those of us who downloaded the proofreading copies last year are the lucky ones.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:44 PM   #27
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranic1980 View Post
Wow, I am blown away! I just got my Legacy Edition delivered by FedEx minutes ago. I am still reeling from the excitement. I hadn’t received any email or notification about my shipment yet, so I wasn’t expecting any delivery till next week, especially since I read that international and retail shipments were going out first, followed by the “I want it all” rewards. Since my reward level was for the standard Legacy Edition I didn’t expect my package to ship till tomorrow at the earliest. Thank you to Phil and Steve and all the wonderful employees of Steve Jackson Games for all the hard work and making this possible for all of us die hard fans of TFT. You have made our nostalgic dreams come true. TFT was my very 1st introduction to RPGs of any kind back in 1980. My best friend Lloyd was the one who had all the books, microgames and microquests. He brought everything over to my house that summer to teach me how to play and what a fantasy role playing game was all about. After I created my first character ever, Dranic an orc fighter, he set up the Melee map, gave me my own counter and took me through my very first adventure, Death Test. It was pure magic. Later that week I went out to the local hobby shops and purchased everything they had on TFT. We played for many years, and had many adventures. Unfortunately my best friend died from cancer back in 1999 and couldn’t be here today to experience and share in the rebirth of TFT with this Legacy Edition, but I will play a solo game of Death Test with his and my character this evening in his memory. I am very much looking forward to introducing TFT to my wife and friends who only know D&D. They will be in for a treat.
I'm very sorry to hear about your best friend. In many ways, the worst part of getting older is the friends and family we lose along the way. And I know just how you feel. My older brother (and favorite gaming partner) passed back in 2009, and I still miss him every day. I just wish he was still around to enjoy all the new gaming goodness that has been coming out the past ten years, and so we could enjoy our "retirement" together, playing games all day long, just the way we used to joke about. God bless! And run a character for him! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:19 AM   #28
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
Will there be any updated PDFs soon? Or those of us who downloaded the proofreading copies last year are the lucky ones.
Laterish. Right now, our focus is on Kickstarter fulfillment and releasing the game to stores. We're most likely to update the PDFs when we finalize work/plans on the second printing.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:39 AM   #29
Shadekeep

Received the big box yesterday, much ta! Going to savour it and crack the seal on the Legacy Edition when I've got time to properly enjoy it. So far everything looks great!
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:42 AM   #30
voodoo54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I'm sorry, y'all. You shouldn't have your boxes if you haven't received shipping notices yet. I'm going to have to ask you to put them away and not look at them until you receive your shipping notices, lest you cause serious damage to the timeline. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We accept your apology, now don't let it happen again ;)
voodoo54 is offline   Reply With Quote