Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Steven Marsh

Default Call for Playtesters: GURPS Tactical Shooting

Call For Playtesters: GURPS Tactical Shooting

GURPS Tactical Shooting is a 96-page book bringing your realistic gunfights to the max! It explains how to model double-taps, the Mozambique drill, tactical reloads, house searching, ambushes, mile-long sniper shots, and many other details of believable shooting. It provides style templates for important shooting styles and adds new perks and techniques similar to the way GURPS Martial Arts covers realistic hand-to-hand combat. The book is rounded out by dozens of new TL5-8 gadgets and guns.

Playtesters must be registered e23 customers who have spent more than $50 at e23 in the past 12 months. We expect you to know the GURPS Basic Set and GURPS High-Tech well! Familiarity with GURPS Martial Arts, GURPS Martial Arts: Fairbairn Close-Combat Systems, and GURPS Gun Fu is an advantage.

We're primarily looking for playtesters who have experience with real guns. Since this is a book about realistic shooting, preference is given to playtest applicants who actually know how to shoot -- current and former military servicemen, police officers, sports shooters, enthusiasts, etc. A number of slots will be reserved for people who expressly do not know how to shoot, to check the rules and descriptions for clarity.

The playtest is currently scheduled to run from April 9 to May 2.

Prospective playtesters should e-mail douglascole@comcast.net with [TS] (for "Tactical Shooting") in the subject. Include your preferred e-mail address for the closed playtest mailing list, correct spelling of your name as it may appear in print, your e23 login name, and a few words on why we should pick you: qualifications, experience, current gaming group(s), etc. Please submit in this format:

Quote:
johndoe@etheremail.com
Jonathan Doe
johndoegamer
I'm a longtime credited playtester. I have an ongoing realistic police-procedural campaign that sometimes involves gunfights. I routinely practice shooting at the local firing range, and I have a collection of two dozen firearms. One of my players is a former combat medic who has witnessed firsthand the effects of gunshot wounds.

Last edited by Steven Marsh; 03-31-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
Steven Marsh

Default Re: Call for Playtesters: GURPS Tactical Shooting

As a quick note (which I've also updated in the original post), the playtest is currently scheduled to run from April 9 to May 2. (Comments won't begin until April 12, but the file will be released on April 9 so playtesters can read it over the weekend.)
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Steven Marsh

As an update:

We actually haven't gotten as active a response on this as we were expecting... so far, we still have slots open, even if we accepted everyone who applied!

If you have an interest in playtesting a crunchy book about tactical shooting and meet the criteria, why not try to join? Just check the first post in this thread for easy-to-follow instructions...
Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
As an update:

We actually haven't gotten as active a response on this as we were expecting... so far, we still have slots open, even if we accepted everyone who applied!

If you have an interest in playtesting a crunchy book about tactical shooting and meet the criteria, why not try to join? Just check the first post in this thread for easy-to-follow instructions...
Fine, fine, twist my arm.

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk View Post
Fine, fine, twist my arm.
Currently rubbing my knuckles against your scalp, too.

Consider this to apply to Sir Pudding as well.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Currently rubbing my knuckles against your scalp, too.

Consider this to apply to Sir Pudding as well.
I did days ago, actually.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote