Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #101
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: The 2012 e23 Releases and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULFGARD View Post
Amen! There are quite a few items on my immediate "yoink" list. On the other hand, I've been reading (and writing) more fiction lately...
Which ones (he asks innocently)?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #102
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Which ones (he asks innocently)?
Well, if you must know:
  • GURPS Power-Ups 4 & 5 are very likely (unless they happen to do something I don't think I'll ever use -- I initially thought that this would be my take on PU 3, but it has turned out to be well used).
  • GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 15 is almost certain as well. I have to admit it -- I'm addicted to this series. I'm not even planning to run a DF campaign anytime in the foreseeable future, but it is an endless mine of useful tidbits and inspiration. Not to mention fun to read.
  • GURPS Locations: Hellsgate sounds WAY too interesting not to grab, unless it turns out to be very different than I expect.
  • GURPS Locations: Worminghall ditto for this one. Neither actually need to be easy to insert into an existing or planned campaign, either -- they sound like fun reads in and of themselves.
  • GURPS After The End 1: Wastelanders is a yes. GURPS After The End 2: The New World is contingent on how much I like the first book, though if it's anything like the MH series, it's likely to inspire a spree of purchases over a weekend as I read through them. Added bonus: I suspect that there might be some good stuff to steal from this for the RoS game I'm playing in.
  • GURPS Hot Spots: Constantinople, 527-1204 A.D. Uh -- ABSOLUTELY YES. I'm fascinated by this period of history and location. In my old MH game, time traveling monster hunters went back there, among other places... I'd do it again, and again, and again. The more game ready information I have on this era the better. GURPS: Silk Road anybody?
  • GURPS Locations: St George's Cathedral I've been looking forward to this since I heard about it.
  • GURPS Martial Arts: Technical Grappling -- can't wait for this! I don't know of a campaign I would run that doesn't make use of the MA rules in some variation. Almost 100% true of campaigns I play in -- even if my characters don't use MA styles, the NPCs they face usually do.

So really this is almost everything. Gosh, I sound obsessive. But if the floodgates were to open up, that'd be about 2 months of products I'm likely to purchase, plus Pyramids (of which I buy about 80% -- roughly consistent with my purchase of GURPS products in general).

Last edited by ULFGARD; 03-15-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #103
Beoferret

And is there any word on the Low Tech Loadouts supplement? Overall, I too have been a little surprised by the lack of new 4th ed stuff (aside from Pyramid, of course). Maybe it's 'cuz Kromm is so focused on editing the forthcoming Discworld game? Is it a lack of submitted material or proposals?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #104
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoferret View Post
And is there any word on the Low Tech Loadouts supplement? Overall, I too have been a little surprised by the lack of new 4th ed stuff (aside from Pyramid, of course). Maybe it's 'cuz Kromm is so focused on editing the forthcoming Discworld game? Is it a lack of submitted material or proposals?
There are 14 manuscripts that are past the final draft stage according to the first page of this very thread.

Note that only a few of them are in "editing," which is where I believe that RPK and Kromm are most involved (but I could be wrong about that).
Old 03-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #105
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Note that only a few of them are in "editing," which is where I believe that RPK and Kromm are most involved (but I could be wrong about that).
That's the stage that takes the most work, but there are other reviews and checks farther downstream.

That said, I think the problem is most likely the gypsy curse that said that the first-born non-DF GURPS book of 2012 would rise up and strike down its father. That's going to slow down production until they get that worked out.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #106
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
That's the stage that takes the most work, but there are other reviews and checks farther downstream.

That said, I think the problem is most likely the gypsy curse that said that the first-born non-DF GURPS book of 2012 would rise up and strike down its father. That's going to slow down production until they get that worked out.
To speak of The Curse is to give it power. Why? Why would you do this?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #107
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

(skipping unnamed products...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_dude View Post
Upcoming GURPS Books (in rough order of probable release)

Prepress
-GURPS Ultra-Tech: Weapon Tables

Production
-GURPS Power-Ups 4
-GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 15
-GURPS Power-Ups 5
-GURPS Locations: Hellsgate
-GURPS Locations: Worminghall
-Transhuman Space: Wings of the Rising Sun

Rough PDF
-GURPS After The End 1: Wastelanders
-GURPS Hot Spots: Constantinople, 527-1204 A.D.
-GURPS After The End 2: The New World
-GURPS Locations: St George's Cathedral

Layout

Editing
-Discworld Roleplaying Game
-GURPS Martial Arts: Technical Grappling

Final Draft

Playtest/Peer Review
-GURPS Banestorm: Martial Arts

Non-final Draft
-GURPS High-Tech: Adventure Guns
-GURPS Underground Adventures
-GURPS Vehicle Design
-GURPS Loadouts: Low-Tech Armor

Pre-First Draft
-GURPS Madness Dossier
-GURPS Girl Genius
-GURPS Bestiary
Of the above, I'll most likely skip HT: Adventure Guns and Girl Genius, and probably want to see Discworld in person (browse through it in Powells, probably) before deciding if I want it.

Which leaves 18 others (including two long-term/mega-products of Vehicle Design and Bestiary) I plan on buying. :-)
Old 03-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #108
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
(skipping unnamed products...)

Of the above, I'll most likely skip HT: Adventure Guns and Girl Genius, and probably want to see Discworld in person (browse through it in Powells, probably) before deciding if I want it.

Which leaves 18 others (including two long-term/mega-products of Vehicle Design and Bestiary) I plan on buying. :-)
I left out the far future bits... Add those in and I'd have this addendum:
-GURPS Banestorm: Martial Arts
-GURPS High-Tech: Adventure Guns
-GURPS Underground Adventures
-GURPS Vehicle Design
-GURPS Loadouts: Low-Tech Armor
-GURPS Bestiary

I used to be much more interested in Vehicle Design than I am now, as I used to have more time to put into sci-fi campaigns. But now I'm unlikely to run a sci-fi game. Still, it would be fun. The rest could end up right into campaigns I'm likely to run and/or play in. (Yes, I know that VDS could end up in all sorts of lower tech games, but since I can generally find out what I need to know about vehicles that exist already, it isn't as much of an issue.)

p.s., there sure do appear to be a high percentage of posters from the PNW on the forums...
Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #109
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
Whereas Girl Genius and Discworld are the only ones that I'm particularly interested in...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #110
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Speaking of The Curse, just when is GURPS Horror Adventures: The Curse of Dungeon Fantasy finally going to come out, anyway?

;)
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, e23, e23; speculation; 2012, speculation