Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #21
Bruno

Default Re: [Supers] Damage Resistance for Brick-type heroes

The Touch Transmissive DR limitation houserule that I've been using in my game (priced at -20%), as compared to regular old DR, the only thing it changes is:
  • Does not protect against Contact Agents (if you prefer, counts as DR 0 against contact agents).

It's not Flexible, it doesn't have the Tough Skin scratch rules, etc. I use this for creatures with exoskeletons, shells, etc. Scratching the outside doesn't expose the juicy under-skin.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #22
CeeDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The Touch Transmissive DR limitation houserule that I've been using in my game (priced at -20%),

It's not Flexible, it doesn't have the Tough Skin scratch rules, etc. I use this for creatures with exoskeletons, shells, etc. Scratching the outside doesn't expose the juicy under-skin.
Yeah, that sounds good. I guess I'll go with that. Thank you, all of you.
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #23
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The Touch Transmissive DR limitation houserule that I've been using in my game (priced at -20%).
Significantly overpriced based on other examples. It's at most -10% (meaning that Tough Skin(-40%) is Flexible (-20%) + Tough Transmission (-10%) + Blood Transmission (-10%)).
Old 10-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #24
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Significantly overpriced based on other examples. It's at most -10% (meaning that Tough Skin(-40%) is Flexible (-20%) + Tough Transmission (-10%) + Blood Transmission (-10%)).
Touch transmission isn't a separate deal from blood transmission. You can't get into someone's blood without touching them.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #25
Adversary

I am not fully up on the minutia here but to me "Attacks which cause no injury do not leave even a scratch permitting a blood agent to act" sounds like a perk. Maybe call it a Rules Exemption perk. You are talking about mitigating a very minor effect--less than stopping even 1 point of damage. It seems on the level of Scales, Fur, or Robust Sense.

Whether this is fair would I guess depend on how significant the 0-damage scratch rule is in the campaign world. To me it seems completely fair and expected that if the carrier attack isn't strong enough to cause a point of injury, the blood agent follow-up doesn't take effect. Snakes don't work by scratching your skin, after all, they stick their fangs in and inject. Same with hypos, poison darts, etc.
Adversary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage resistance, tough skin