Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #71
Sylver
MIB

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Rina-el smiles warmly and takes a seat.
"Anything good on the menu?"
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:52 AM   #72
Methariel

Fun? Shenmachel's definition of "fun" seems to differ greatly from Rina-el's. He has still to come to terms with an angel chatting friendly, even cordially - for the whole drive - even though he had been trying to look uninterested. This sort of behaviour was not complying with his expectance of aloofness and discretion of an angel.

Shenmachel nods politely towards Nain when introduced by Mitch.

"Good afternoon, miss. May I take a seat?"

[OOC: I hope we have 'afternoon' in game-time?]
Old 09-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #73
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
---edit---Shenmachel nods politely towards Nain when introduced by Mitch.

"Good afternoon, miss. May I take a seat?"

[OOC: I hope we have 'afternoon' in game-time?]
((OOC you have to go back a few pages to see it but yes, we're in afternoon.))

Nain's phone rings just as she's about to answer the Seraph. A familiar voice--Corat-in-Alx--answers. "Hey lady, where you at?"
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 AM   #74
Sylver
MIB

((OOC - Are we *all* hearing this?))
Old 09-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #75
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
((OOC - Are we *all* hearing this?))
((You all hear the phone ring, and if you're paying attention, the voice on the other end is audible. Unless Nain adjusts her phone otherwise.

But ask yourself--have you met Alx yet?))
Old 09-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #76
Methariel

So the Seraph of the Sword keeps standing and looks around again, perhaps he'll see on a second glance what he missed on the first (something unusual, that is). During this, he tries to listen inconspicuously to Nain - and Alx, if he's able to hear him.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #77
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
So the Seraph of the Sword keeps standing and looks around again, perhaps he'll see on a second glance what he missed on the first (something unusual, that is). During this, he tries to listen inconspicuously to Nain - and Alx, if he's able to hear him.
Mitchim looks up at the other Seraph "Take seat, it looks odd if you continue standing." Turning to Nain he waits patently for her to finish the call.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #78
Mysteris

Nain smiled as the intros were made. She was still getting used to being called anything other than four-and-five epithets by demons in general and occasionally "traitor" by Asmodeans. She nodded to Rina-el.

"Yeah, they've got some good stuff on the menu. I'd recommend the iced coffee but keep away from the donuts. If those things are day-old then I'm a reliever!"

She looked up at the awkward-looking Seraph and flashed back to her debriefing at the Seraphim Council. She'd seen plenty of angels that reminded her of this guy: all iron duty and responsibility. It was enough to make her want to shiver. On the other hand, those Swordie Malakim were hotter than they had any right to be and...the ringing of the phone snapped her from her daydream.

"Hold on a sec guys." She picked up. "Yo!"

"Hey Nain, I've run into one more person I think can help us out. Someone with social skills, if you know what I mean! I've also gotten some leads on who we need to talk to, and who needs to do the talking. Really have to tell you that in person though.

Give me a few more minutes to change out of 'these clothes' and I'll be right over."

Nain nodded. "Sure thing! I'm meeting with Mitch and some backup singers at the Blue Dog Cafe. Its a coffeehouse over on Fairfax. I'll tell 'em you're coming. See you in a few!" She clicked off and looked at the others.

"Cor's on his way and he's bringing along a social expert to help out. He says he's got some new info too." For Rina-el and Shenmachel's sake, she added "Cor's what you might call a speedy fellow. Tends to breeze in and out if you know what I mean. So while we wait for him to make his grand entrance, mind telling me what you know about things over here? It might help if we all had a working knowledge of the City of Angels. Plus its' not everyday you see a delicate flower twinned with a blade."
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:11 AM   #79
Methariel

The Seraph of the Sword sits down, next to Mitch - realizing a little too late that this positions him directly opposite of Rina-el. He turns to Mitch:

"Well, I never minded looking odd, but thank you. You're right, we shouldn't attract unnecessary attention."

Then he turns to Nain, frowning a little at the "flower twinned with a blade"-part.

"This seems to have happened by accident.
But to answer your question: I have been sent here by my office; originally, I'm based in New York. There'll be a National Law Enforcement-Conference the day after tomorrow which I have to attend.
Of Los Angeles I just do know that it is enemy territory. Only a few angels are residing here, although a considerable number of human Soldiers has been assigned to the city to make up for this. I think that the events during the 'Malakite-affair' got us a little more ground, but I'm not sure. And of the angels present in Los Angeles, you are who I have met; 'Mr. Wyatt' I just had a phone talk with."

He lowers his voice a bit.

"From your words I may take that 'Mr. Wyatt' - or Corat - is a Wheel of the Wind?"

He smiles a little, polite smile and continues, at a normal voice.

"But I appreciate your proposal; getting the same state of information will help us coordinate our efforts."

Afterwards he becomes silent and looks at the others, apparently having finished.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #80
Sylver
MIB

"I think I'll go for the hot chocolate. I'm not really a coffee fan.." This said to the waitress that was passing by.

When the waitress leaves, Rina-el directs her attention back to the table.

"I think I should start the information exchange. I'm the Information Gatherer (and Broker) for this area. Usually, if I need something done while I'm on stage or that requires more people, I call on Cor. Unfortunately, the information chain got a little muffed up recently..

"See, there's this wonderful guy, Ryuki, who, amongst other things, is (or was) attempting to summon Angels, and he knows, personally or of this Dark Man character that for the life of me, I haven't managed to get *anything* on. Anyway, the info that *I* got was that something was going down at the Bat's Day festival and that it was likely to involve this Dark Man and. I was told that someone needs to be there to check it out.

"Unfortunately, there is no way that Jasmine would be found anywhere in a ten mile radius of a Goth Festival, so I asked Cor to look into it.. From what I understood, You, Mitch, and you, Nain, were on the scene. When Cor told me that Gerhard was on the way, I figured I'd find you all and fill in the blanks.

"I haven't heard anything new since then, so I am assuming that I'm still here as Information Broker and mediator. We'll see what our flying buddy has to say when he gets here..

So, what *did* happen at the Goth Festival?"

Then, impishly, she turns to Nain. "Tell me, dear, have you ever considered exotic dancing? You would look *marvelous* on stage!"
Then "Ooh! Hot chocolate! Thanks!", and she grins at the cute waiter who brought over her drink.. It gets easier and easier to make them blush! :)

Tags
in nomine