Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #61
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
The Seraph stiffens, trys to manage a polite smile but fails miserably. He tries to free his arm politely, but if Rina-el clings to it, he'll clench his teeth and try to cope with it.

"Well, madame, thank you for your offer. I do accept it. Mitch, will you drive there with your own car?"

The thought of being alone in a car with a Mercurian of Flowers seems to make him uneasy. But nevertheless he proceeds out of the Tradewinds', stopping for a moment and looking around.

"Where's your car, Rina-el?"

He sincerely hopes that it's not the flower-painted VW-bus parking across the street.

Mitch nods, giving Shenmachel a sympathic look as he heads over to his own car, parked in the small lot attached to the shop. He quickly gives them directions to the Blue Dog "I'll meet you there."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM   #62
Puck

Mitchim pulls out outside the coffeehouse, in a stroke of luck even managing to find a parking spot. Locking the car door he makes sure that the other two have found a spot and then heads inside, looking around for Nain. The smell of good coffee floats in the air and people crowd the tables and booths.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #63
Mysteris

Nain, in her mortal vessel as Mirabella Whitestone, was seated at a corner table wide enough to accomodate several. Her long and supple legs were crossed at the ankles and tiny, sandaled feet tapped the floor in an odd rhythm. She wore white capri pants with a studded belt of white leather, and a white tubetop that tied around the back of her neck. Gold hoop earrings and bracelets gleamed in the sun, and a lopsided heart hung on a gold necklace about her neck. Green eyes surveyed the group that came with Mitch from under long lashes.

She brushed back a strand of crimson-streaked black hair and grinned. "Hey Mitch!" She waved over to her table. "I was starting to wonder if I got the right place." The lithe young woman slid over to make room for the group, her perky, fresh-faced co-ed looks at odds with the calm and assessing gaze she leveled at each person in the party. "You must have moved up in the world since I last saw you, if you rate your own entourage now." Her tone was light but there was a clear hint of a question in it as well.
Mysteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #64
Methariel

Shenmachel entered after Mitchim and Rina-el, still looking like wearing a suit just bought, keeping his back so straight that it almost hurt looking at him. He wasn't happy, for his face was quite serious, almost angry. Driving with someone of Flowers didn't seem to be something he enjoyed.
He glanced at the coffeehouse, trying to get a picture of the interior, the customers and the layout with a few looks.
When Nain greeted Mitch, he looked at her, almost examiningly, and then seemed to wait for Mitch to introduce Rina-el and himself.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:31 PM   #65
Sylver
MIB

As Rina-el walks in, she calmly checks our the love/hate levels of the people of the cafe towards Mitch and the woman who addressed him, specifically looking for people who seem to have too much of either emotion..

She also eyes the woman with interest, giving her a warm smile.. And she laughs a little every time she looks at Shenmachel. It was *fun* to drive around with him.. :)

Last edited by Sylver; 09-14-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: I have *got* to stop sending these without finishing them!
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #66
tHEhERETIC

Will put a list of characters and locations in the OOC thread, as well as a link to the LiveJournal post where I've been putting pictures I use for the NPC's.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #67
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
As Rina-el walks in, she calmly checks our the love/hate levels of the people of the cafe towards Mitch and the woman who addressed him, specifically looking for people who seem to have too much of either emotion..
(("Too much" is relative. One person in the cafe seems to like someone in your company--does the resonance tell you who?--but there aren't any serious passions in the place. It's a nice 'chill' coffeehouse.))
Old 09-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #68
Sylver
MIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
(("Too much" is relative. One person in the cafe seems to like someone in your company--does the resonance tell you who?--but there aren't any serious passions in the place. It's a nice 'chill' coffeehouse.))
((According to my Vassal ability, I can detect the degree of love or hate between 2 people in line of sight, so I know who it is. Basically, I'm looking for either someone overly attached to Nain/Mitch or who intensely dislikes them. "Too much" in this case is beyond the norm that I would expect from people who don't or barely know the other people in the room. For all effects and purposes, I'll note who it is who likes the person in our group and keep tabs on him during the conversation.. If he is listening in too closely or seems about to walk over, I'll alert the group and deal with it.. ))
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #69
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
((According to my Vassal ability, I can detect the degree of love or hate between 2 people in line of sight, so I know who it is. Basically, I'm looking for either someone overly attached to Nain/Mitch or who intensely dislikes them. "Too much" in this case is beyond the norm that I would expect from people who don't or barely know the other people in the room. For all effects and purposes, I'll note who it is who likes the person in our group and keep tabs on him during the conversation.. If he is listening in too closely or seems about to walk over, I'll alert the group and deal with it.. ))
((Thanks--I get the feeling I should have known that. :X
Someone likes Mitch, strongly, but at this point doesn't seem inclined to eavesdrop or walk over.))
Old 09-15-2007, 03:08 PM   #70
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
Shenmachel entered after Mitchim and Rina-el, still looking like wearing a suit just bought, keeping his back so straight that it almost hurt looking at him. He wasn't happy, for his face was quite serious, almost angry. Driving with someone of Flowers didn't seem to be something he enjoyed.
He glanced at the coffeehouse, trying to get a picture of the interior, the customers and the layout with a few looks.
When Nain greeted Mitch, he looked at her, almost examiningly, and then seemed to wait for Mitch to introduce Rina-el and himself.
Mitch gives Nain an appologetic look "Sorry, but while I was at the shop I ran into a few people who might be able to help us." He takes a seat and waits for the others to do so. He says in a quiet voice "May I introduce Shenmachel, Seraph of the Sword and Rina-el, Mercurian of Flowers." To the others he says "And allow me to introduce Nain, Bright Lilim of Destiny."

Tags
in nomine