Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-29-2008, 04:35 AM   #511
Qed

Default Re: In Nomine: The Mile Higher Club (IC)

Glen Norton rematerialized as Da'at returns to his corporeal form.
He looks troubled.
"Normally I would say that being a remnant is enough.... The possibility of his prince finding him and restoring him are slim... but what about the baron? we're dealing with an ethereal being here and being a remnant doesn't mean anything in the ethereal realm. can we be sure that Samedi wouldn't find him and use him again?"

((WOOHOO - RL issues have relaxed a bit. I'm back))
Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #512
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qed
Glen Norton rematerialized as Da'at returns to his corporeal form.
He looks troubled.
"Normally I would say that being a remnant is enough.... The possibility of his prince finding him and restoring him are slim... but what about the baron? we're dealing with an ethereal being here and being a remnant doesn't mean anything in the ethereal realm. can we be sure that Samedi wouldn't find him and use him again?"

((WOOHOO - RL issues have relaxed a bit. I'm back))
Zahira Fixes him with an icey stare as he speaks in corporeal form- obviously hoping that the kid is still too out of it to remember what was just said and starts to move him more quickly to the door.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 AM   #513
Sylver
MIB

Rina-el murmurs quietly, aiming at modulating her voice so that the Celestial Party hears but not Chris..

"The Baron may be an issue, yes, but remember that Chris is well watched. Both C and I have eyes on him.. Right now, he's just a boy. As long as his Prince doesn't decide to "rescue" him, I see no harm in letting him live out his life - and possibly even reform."

She is careful not to let her opinions be reflected in her tone of voice or phrasing.

((OOC - If Da'at is Resonating and can pick up on her emotional state, PM me.))
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #514
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver
Rina-el murmurs quietly, aiming at modulating her voice so that the Celestial Party hears but not Chris..

"The Baron may be an issue, yes, but remember that Chris is well watched. Both C and I have eyes on him.. Right now, he's just a boy. As long as his Prince doesn't decide to "rescue" him, I see no harm in letting him live out his life - and possibly even reform."

She is careful not to let her opinions be reflected in her tone of voice or phrasing.

((OOC - If Da'at is Resonating and can pick up on her emotional state, PM me.))
Mitch rejoins the others as he regains his vessel. He watches the boy with troubled eyes. "I feel it would have been more merciful to simply let his forces rejoin the Symphony, but if this is the result then so be it. I too hope that he will reform his ways and live out the remander of his life as a dutiful son.

Last edited by Puck; 03-30-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:50 PM   #515
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria
Zahira Fixes him with an icey stare as he speaks in corporeal form- obviously hoping that the kid is still too out of it to remember what was just said and starts to move him more quickly to the door.

Without the slightest resistance, Pepito (or, correctly speaking, the remnant of Pepito) looks at Zahira. "Where we going layyydy?"

Salla looks up at those present with barely concealed disdain. "Rina-el, we will accept your assistance now." She is holding Father Lombardi sitting against the wall, wiping the blood off his face from the sizable lump on his forehead.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-31-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Remembered the other NPC's in the room
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:15 AM   #516
Sylver
MIB

Rina-el nods, turning from the other Celestials to tend to the Pater.

She smiles at him, softly, then places her hand over his wound and begins to Sing.

When she removes her hand, the Pater's wound has disappeared.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:51 AM   #517
Methariel

[OOC: I'm sorry, at the moment I'm not blessed with an abundance of time...]

The celestial form of the Seraph convolves, the coils seeming to fuse into each other, and then the flesh of his body reappears and he wraps his Vessel back around himself.

He's silent for a moment, apparently being in prayer, then he ends with the sign of the cross and a whispered "Amen".

After that, he looks to the others, also at the still celestial Cherub.

"First, I'd like to state that he's not 'just a boy'. He's a Remnant, a former celestial that has lost the defining structures of his personality. At the moment he's just a Role - that of Chris Breckenridge, rapscallion, Goth kid, troublemaker.

"He'll act as this Role demands of him and I doubt that he'll be able to change into a 'good child'; he lacks the will - and thus, the ability - to change, probably forever.

"And there's the Baron Samedi-problem still attached to him. I don't know if the Baron still will be able to find him now that he's...only an...automaton."

It is obvious that he doesn't know how to exactly define the status of the Remnant Impudite and that thinking about it makes the calm Seraph a little uneasy.

"But without his Will he won't be able to defend himself if the Baron finds him and decides to 'ride' him. Although, on the other hand, 'Chris' won't feel much depression or other strong feelings that the Baron delights in, I think, so he might be safe from being used as a 'riding tool'.

"Nonetheless, the danger of him being found by the Ethereal, other demons or his Superior still remains - and he has been ordered to be killed. But now we do have the problem that it has to be done physically, if it is to be done."

All the time, his voice was calm and he looked at nobody with any feeling expressed other than seriousness, not even at Rina-el with whom he is at odds.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:21 AM   #518
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel
[OOC: I'm sorry, at the moment I'm not blessed with an abundance of time...]

"Nonetheless, the danger of him being found by the Ethereal, other demons or his Superior still remains - and he has been ordered to be killed. But now we do have the problem that it has to be done physically, if it is to be done."
((GM here--I was a little worried there M!

Also, you're right to a point. He can still be attacked with Celestial Songs after all IIRC. Further you likely have all forgotten that part of the plan was to drug the vessel to death after the soul had taken leave. A fatal dose of Rohypnol is still somewhere in that apartment--a painless death anyway unless my pharmacology is way off. And C, knowing it was part of the plan, would have put it in the most obvious possible place--I'm thinking the medicine cabinet.

Trying not to beat head on keyboard...computer access somewhat limited for a day or two, see you all in about twelve hours unless I get lucky.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 03-31-2008 at 07:25 AM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:38 AM   #519
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC
Without the slightest resistance, Pepito (or, correctly speaking, the remnant of Pepito) looks at Zahira. "Where we going layyydy?"
"We're just going out into the garden." Then speaking very quitely to the child as they go out the door. "I think you need some fresh air and I don't think their joking is appropriate at all for the situation." Once outside she'll take him to the garden and wait where if they want they can look out the window and see that she has just removed him from hearing the discussion not taken him and hidden him. If there isn't a bench she'll sit him on the ground before telling him, "I just need to make a call and let my order know that I'll be away just a little longer than I expected, will you be ok sitting here for a moment?"
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:59 AM   #520
Sylver
MIB

"Is there anything else in which I can assist, Pater, Salla?"

She walks out, then returns with a glass of fruit juice for the Pater. "That must have been thirsty work, Pater! Here."

Once the Lombardi is looked after, she turns once again to her Celestial brothers..

"When Pepito was a full Demon, I could understand your stance, Most Holy of the Sword. I did not *agree* with it, I did not *like* it, but I could understand it."

She sighs, withdrawing into herself, then continues, softly, almost as if she's talking to herself.. "To my despair, I understand you now, as well. Again, I cannot *like* it, nor can I wholly *agree* with it, but I understand it. I believe he can reform, that he can become a better person and a better influence despite his Role and despite his Self-ness. And though I told Eliza that Chris is in a better place, it can be taken to mean that now that he is docile and has lost the evilness that was within him, he is still in a better place than before."

"In this case, the decision should keep the mother in mind first and foremost. Which will do her less harm? Losing her child completely or returning this shadow of her child to her care?"

"As for the Baron, I do not believe that he would still have a method to act upon or through Chris, but that is something easily checked, if you would wait but a moment so I can make a phone call.."

Tags
in nomine