Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 10-17-2017, 01:22 AM   #21
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: So who has completed the campaign?

I can't get past the reactor one, I win but the victory screen never shows up. When I have time, I will need to report it, but before that I intend to start it over again since there have been a few updates since I started it and maybe they aren't making it into my save.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:59 AM   #22
AurochJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I can't get past the reactor one, I win but the victory screen never shows up. When I have time, I will need to report it, but before that I intend to start it over again since there have been a few updates since I started it and maybe they aren't making it into my save.
I do believe this has been fixed, but unfortunately you may need to try it with a fresh save file as the bug could still be present in the save file.

Let us know how you get on with it! :)
AurochJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:07 AM   #23
selenite

I had the same problem with the reactor scenario. After the update I started from scratch and it worked fine.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #24
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
I do believe this has been fixed, but unfortunately you may need to try it with a fresh save file as the bug could still be present in the save file.

Let us know how you get on with it! :)
Yep, a fresh save fixed it.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #25
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Now I am stuck on "The Beginning of the End". It freezes at some point during movement and trying to fix it by loading a save results in a game that loads during Nightfall movement but with Nightfall's units under player control. This has happened about a dozen times now.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #26
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

So I finished it. I have a lot of bugs to report on that last mission. Summarizing here so I can have a reference for when I have time to send it:
  • Infantry riding vehicles makes the game freeze up (not immediately but eventually). It also has glitchy animation. I was able to get through the scenario only when I gave up on having my tanks carry grunts.
  • If it does freeze from the above, restoring a save causes the aforementioned side switching error.
  • Overrunning the factory entrance with my Mark IV didn't work. It went to the overrun screen and then wouldn't let me target the building.
  • Restoring from a save after the above restored some destroyed units and Ogre weapons on both sides.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #27
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
So I finished it. I have a lot of bugs to report on that last mission. Summarizing here so I can have a reference for when I have time to send it:
  • Infantry riding vehicles makes the game freeze up (not immediately but eventually). It also has glitchy animation. I was able to get through the scenario only when I gave up on having my tanks carry grunts.
  • If it does freeze from the above, restoring a save causes the aforementioned side switching error.
  • Overrunning the factory entrance with my Mark IV didn't work. It went to the overrun screen and then wouldn't let me target the building.
  • Restoring from a save after the above restored some destroyed units and Ogre weapons on both sides.
I had similar bugs that I reported; especially the Mark IV overrunning. One of the few times I did a save/load out of desperation to avoid replaying the scenario (it worked, enough to let me use the Mark V to finish off the building and complete the scenario).
Old 10-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #28
Thirdpower

Taking my time running the campaign. Just started 6 tonight and ran into some issues.

A large group of infantry overran one of the Mk I's, after it was destroyed, the overrun froze. I saved the game and closed out. When it opened, all the infantry were separate units (a least 12+) were separate units in a single hex giving a warning about stacking limits. When I tried to combine the squads, it froze again.

I closed out and deleted the log. Hopefully that helps. I'm too annoyed to restart right now.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:39 AM   #29
tomc

I'm really enjoying Nightfall. I don't have all of the overrun rules in my head, so I probably don't get as distracted by some of the bugs, but it's a really fun experience to be presented with situations I've never seen before and to have to think and react on the fly.

I'm only up to the train (8?) but I've developed a new appreciation for SHVYs and MKIs.

Thanks for all the fun!

Freedom of Speech is not Freedom of Podium
tomc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #30
selenite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdpower View Post
A large group of infantry overran one of the Mk I's, after it was destroyed, the overrun froze.
Yeah, I've seen an overrun freeze when the Ogre is destroyed too.

I'm also thinking a Mk I overrunning a town hex with 9 INF and a SHVY should be considered a bug, but I'm not reporting it. :)
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote