Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #11
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: GURPS News updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post

Once the DFRPG is "just another product," albeit an awesome one, priorities and announcement style can return to normal.
Exactly.

I could have "GURPS Action News," "GURPS After the End News," "GURPS Dungeon Fantasy News," and "GURPS Monster Hunters News" to assure readers that those series will continue . . . "GURPS Classic News" to confirm that we intend to keep our promise to convert GURPS Third Edition books to PDF . . . "Powered by GURPS News" and "Kickstarter News" as reminders that more self-contained games might show up in the future . . . and a bunch of sections like "GURPS Hot Spots News" and "GURPS Power-Ups News" to let people know about all our ongoing series. As these sections would be empty placeholders most months, and sometimes most years, I think that would be a little inefficient and a lot ugly.

Consequently, I don't include all that stuff. When there's nothing to go under a heading, there's no reason to include the heading that month. I trust readers to understand that this in no way implies that series or games without their own sections are "dead" . . . any more than I am dead if I don't mention that I'm writing a book, or that GURPS is dead if there happens to be a slow month with no releases.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #12
JMason

Okay, I tend to read more than is there on a lot of things, and am a pessimist most of the time. Glad to hear that this some sort of warning to the fans.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #13
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
a bunch of sections like "GURPS Hot Spots News"
That would be brilliant! Keep it in people's minds. Buy early and often!

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote