Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
Danukian

Default [Enhancements] Lost Addictive Enhancement?

I am looking for an Enhancement that makes the attack pleasurable/addictive similar to the Ecstasy spell in order to model a Succubus/Incubus Kiss - I could have sworn that there was a handy enhancement for this ready-made, but a quick search of my 4e turns up nothing... I read the Table of Contents from the preview of Power-Ups 4 - and it seems like that that is a bust as well. This seems like such a common troupe that it would be covered - and I was sure I had it somewhere other than 3E...

Anyone able to point me in the right direction or toss out a decent write-up if there isn't one already made?
Old 04-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
cmdicely

Default Re: [Enhancements] Lost Addictive Enhancement?

You seem to be looking for the Addictive Bite enhancement to Leech (GURPS Horror, p. 21.) Its not a general enhancement, so its not in PU4.

(For powers other than Leech, buy a Linked Affliction (Disadvantage) with an appropriate Addiction, or for attack powers buy the Addiction as a Side Effect or Symptom.)
cmdicely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Danukian

Darn, I don't have Horror 4E, but I was sure I saw a 4E enhancement floating around... I guess I'll have to dig up/dust off my old 3e notes.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danukian View Post
I am looking for an Enhancement that makes the attack pleasurable/addictive similar to the Ecstasy spell in order to model a Succubus/Incubus Kiss - I could have sworn that there was a handy enhancement for this ready-made, but a quick search of my 4e turns up nothing... I read the Table of Contents from the preview of Power-Ups 4 - and it seems like that that is a bust as well. This seems like such a common troupe that it would be covered - and I was sure I had it somewhere other than 3E...

Anyone able to point me in the right direction or toss out a decent write-up if there isn't one already made?
Its a fairly simple affliction: ecstasy/euphoria+disadvantage: addiction+increased duration permanent (+150%).

Now the one bug is that this build gives permanent ecstasy in addition to the permanent addiction. Possibly place on the permanent (only for the disadvantage-20%).
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Edman

I think the OP is thinking about one of the Mind Control spells in Magic. Those are said to be addictive, should the GM so wish, and were I your GM, I would rule that instant pleasure center activation can certainly be addictive. If you actually want to be certain to hook whomever you afflict, linking, symptoming or side-effecting it with a disadvantage: addiction X is the way to go.

- Baron von Münchausen
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Refplace

You might also look under side effects
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
Its a fairly simple affliction: ecstasy/euphoria+disadvantage: addiction+increased duration permanent (+150%).

Now the one bug is that this build gives permanent ecstasy in addition to the permanent addiction. Possibly place on the permanent (only for the disadvantage-20%).
I don't think it's necessary for a Euphoria Affliction to also afflict the Addiction Disadvantage to be potentially addictive.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I don't think it's necessary for a Euphoria Affliction to also afflict the Addiction Disadvantage to be potentially addictive.
Actually, we don't have much in the way of rules for becoming addicted. Withdrawal, yes. Addicting, not really.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Actually, we don't have much in the way of rules for becoming addicted. Withdrawal, yes. Addicting, not really.
We don't have much in the way of rules for egg-laying in GURPS either, that doesn't mean you can't make omelets.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
We don't have much in the way of rules for egg-laying in GURPS either, that doesn't mean you can't make omelets.
Well, sure. Personally, when I wanted to make addiction house rules, I just ran withdrawal 'in reverse' (i.e. 14 cumulative failures in a rather large time frame for an 'average' drug or other addictive effect granted the disadvantage). Quick and simple, and works for fantasy drugs. Didn't have to apply it to real ones.

Tags
enhancement