Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
Jerander

Default Re: nWoD to GURPS - Changeling the Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Archon View Post
I don't know about that. Morph and Alternate Form seems like physical change; but Mask is no more than good automatic illusion. I looked for Illusion Power in the same book, but I couldn't find tag for "automatic" and "always successful".
This is exactly what the Glamour limitation is for. See Powers, p. 111.

As for "automatic" and "always successful," I'm not sure there is such a thing in GURPS. Link it with an Affliction to lower Will and/or Mind Shield to increase the Glamour's effectiveness.
Jerander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwibos View Post
So adding all of those things, you can suddenly have 500 point characters.
WoD 1.0 and 2.0 characters tend to start in the 500 to 750 point range, at least the ones that aren't just humans with a small number of special features (and even then, Hunter can get you some pretty fancy-pants humans).

They're highly competent, very tough, and often world-walking (which is expensive in GURPS). And they all come with a big pile of supernatural powers.

You can't handwave, unless you plan on NEVER crossing regular human PCs in the same game as some kind of Wod critter, and NEVER crossing a game with two kinds of WoD critter, and NEVER allowing an Ally, Enemy, Dependant, or Patron who is not your kind of critter (including not allowing humans).

Because those points being handwaved matter.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #23
Fwibos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
WoD 1.0 and 2.0 characters tend to start in the 500 to 750 point range, at least the ones that aren't just humans with a small number of special features (and even then, Hunter can get you some pretty fancy-pants humans).

They're highly competent, very tough, and often world-walking (which is expensive in GURPS). And they all come with a big pile of supernatural powers.

You can't handwave, unless you plan on NEVER crossing regular human PCs in the same game as some kind of Wod critter, and NEVER crossing a game with two kinds of WoD critter, and NEVER allowing an Ally, Enemy, Dependant, or Patron who is not your kind of critter (including not allowing humans).

Because those points being handwaved matter.
Absolutely right, which is why I return to my original thesis: Play nWoD Changeling OR replicate the Faerie tale feel without attempting to replicate akll the powers

I wouldn't even know how to replicate Talecrafting (I am, in fact, playing a Talecrafter). getting +3 to all rolls in keeping with your tale is phenominal, easily worth +3 to +6 in GURPS. It takes a brilliant person from default research rolls (Int 4+Academics 0 (-3) untrained = 1 die) to expert researcher (7). So a high IQ person goes from default roll to IQ roll.

It's almost inline with super luck or an affliction. It would require a pact with the GM and it would have the limitation, only on rolls in keeping with the tale (which is..what -10% sometimes to -80% sometimes, depending on the nature of the tale)

Ultimately, there is too much vaguery in the rules to make a proper changeling by porting rules.
Word of God and Word of Kromm are pretty much the same thing in my book
Fwibos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #24
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

And there you have Kuroshima's golden rule of conversions, "less is more". Or KISS. Or convert the fluff, the feeling, not the rules. To do otherwise leads to madness (or, as in this case, if you are dealing with White Wolf, Delirium)

Assuming that you want a similar ability to Talecrafting, you can do it, though it won't be pretty. Talecrafting is a bonus if you are remain consistent with your tale? Modular Abilities only to pick custom talents, with other limitations. 3 levels, depending on if you can pick 5, or 15 point talents.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #25
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Why not use Visualisation?

Tags
conversion, magic, nwod