Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
Running Wolf

Default Exit 23 was a good published adventure

I was just going to set this game off to be a one shot with the idea of getting the players (D20 people) familiar with GURPS. Ends up I'm running a campaign in it.... Set that up as an option when we were making characters. Instead of using the pre-gens had the players make 100 point "normal people".

I ran Exit 23 last weekend, players seemed to rave over it. Had a player in her late 30's said it was the best game she had played in years. Our usual GM (who does d20 based stuff) was asking when I could run another adventure.

I'm not super big into horror (ironic since I am spending my weekends at a hunted house (entertainment, no such thing as real hauntings) and the players are pretty big horror fans. They threw me for a loop. The Big Baddy never made an appearance. They never went outside because they knew something was out there, and they used a crowbar to unlock the kitchen of the restaurant to start a fire in the sink.

One of the bad guys (well only bad guy if you don;t count the winter spirit as a "guy") wears a Kevlar vest. It never got to soak up any damage. He got beat on the skull by a snow globe, stabbed in the hand to get his gun away, had a running kick to the groin which floored him..... and had a bag of chips thrown at him to distract his attention.

I think I have some converts on my hands. Going to run it a bit like Supernatural (have only seen maybe 3 episodes) and Cthulhu (without killing or driving all the characters every session).

Our normal GM made two of the characters for other players. Have to love the one character he made for one of the players. A "normal" mother who has erotic art and pyromania as well as sneaking, search, interrogation, and intimidation skills. :)
Running Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:46 AM   #2
The Colonel

Default Re: Exit 23 was a good published adventure

Is that the Dark Matter intro scenario? The one with the snow-globe controlled winter demon in the motorway service station?
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:11 AM   #3
Leynok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Is that the Dark Matter intro scenario? The one with the snow-globe controlled winter demon in the motorway service station?
I believe so.

As it so happens my group just started playing this with the intention of making it a full campaign.
We just went outside in our game (still part way through due to starting late) though our GM decided to weaken the monster outside because otherwise some of us would have died XD
We had a blast.
Leynok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #4
The Colonel

Has it been officially converted or was it homebrewed?
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
Running Wolf

It was converted to GURPS as published... I have no memory of where/when I got it.

and yeah it was originally for another system from what I gather. The one with the snow globe and truck stop.

:) for someone else starting a campaign with it.

*lol* playing the horror genre at a haunt was like crack to someone who was watching and normally doesn't game, thinking of making a pregen for him for the next time we play.

Sort of funny as two or three people were like GRUPS *makes a face*. Four of the regulars were playing, two weren't there that night. And occasionally we have other people come on upstairs when we're gaming.

The campaign I'm running that started with is going to be run out of Philadelphia (where I used to live). Two main reasons being that there are people who have only visited there gaming, and the other is that it has a history that goes back to the 1600's..... I'm sort of tossing around the idea of freaking out the players and having the same characters eventually be able to shift times. Most of the action takes place in our current time but being able to throw them back to Colonial Days or stop a Zombie Necromancer from over running the Navy Yard with zombies in 1943. :)

If I do that I'm thinking of modifying their characters to the time period in question and telling them that they are waking up from a dream feeling as if they were some place else that seemed very real.... Basically they are "normal people" who might get tossed some more occult skills (and/or low level mage skills) as some more adventures get under their belts.
Running Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:21 AM   #6
Brevitt

Nathan did the transfer and yes it was indeed that scenario. I have run it a few times at conventions and it always goes down well, unfortunately, my digital copy has died. Would really appreciate a link or something to where I can find it again.
Brevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
evileeyore
Banned

I've only found it in two places:

Scribd - which it may or mat not be legal shared?

ENW - Play by Post game (note I haven't read the thread to see how accurately it follows the adventure)
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote