Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #1
gibberingmouther

Default Looking for a (well known?) user's blog

So, I started fleshing out a game world that I had used GURPS for again. Very satisfied with what I've come up with so far.

I had a thread about it on here maybe a year ago, but of course that's long gone. But I remember someone on that thread mentioned that some other user had a blog where he described a Star Wars based GURPS world - like "Psychic Wars" or something. I don't remember exactly what it was called, which is part of the problem.

I'm trying to find that blog because I wanted to add a little section in my game PDF I'm eventually going to put together about alternate rules for a Star Wars inspired universe, since my game world has a lot of similarities to that and I like the idea of giving a less vague description of what the Force is that doesn't rely on microorganisms. Anyway, I thought I might find some good ideas on that blog - of course if I get any good ideas from it I'll give credit.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
Jinumon

Default Re: Looking for a (well known?) user's blog

It's called Psi-Wars, by Daniel Dover a.k.a. "Mailanka." Here's what you want.

Mailanka's Musings
Jinumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
Vaevictis Asmadi

Your thread probably isn't gone, Gibberingmouther. Threads on this forum don't seem to expire, or if they do it's only after many, many years.

Is it one of these? http://forums.sjgames.com/search.php?searchid=4933887

Published GURPS Settings
(as of 4/2013 -- I hope to update it someday...)
Vaevictis Asmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #4
gibberingmouther

Okay, I thought more about this while I was supposed to be paying attention in classes, lol.

I've decided now I will probably will avoid looking at Psi-Wars for now so I am forced to continue being original. What I want is to figure out good ideas for my game world(s), which is like figuring something out so on the one hand I should take inspiration where I can find it to help me "converge" on that set of ideas I want, but on the other hand I don't want to have to give credit to a lot of people and feel like I didn't do enough of the work myself. If I really wanted to flesh out a Star Wars based game world I would look at it - iirc, that blog included some interesting analyses of lightsaber battles and other cool things - but my section on "the Force" and lightsabers is more of an addendum than a main feature.

Once I've finished writing my probably short book length PDF containing all the lore and game logic and GURPS rules for my game world I'll make a thread here where I'll post a link to the PDF, and maybe ask for suggestions and criticism. While the flavor is based on the Dragon Ball anime and manga (Akira Toriyama's universe and Dragon Ball Super as well) it's also very different in a lot of ways.