Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 11-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Heegu

Default Reloaded Die timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
This has been said over in the other forum many times, but I'll state it here for anyone who hasn't run into it there: Munchkin does not have a stack mechanic for play. If you've played that other game (or similar) before, you'll know what I mean. If you haven't, don't worry about it, I'll just say that cards/events are resolved as they occur (with a few notable exceptions, like Wishing Ring), which means that you can't normally play some other card in order to cancel the effects of a just played card or a just used ability. For the question I answered above, this means that once the auto-kill has occurred, the Monster is removed, and that means a card that would affect or remove the Monster can not be played, unless of course the card says it can.
I've actually got a new question related to this. What is the exact time frame of playing reloaded die? Can it be played at any time when the result of the roll is still being processed? What I mean is, a friend failed a run-away attempt and then used lickety split to get an extra +2, but I then re-rolled his die so that he still couldn't escape. Was this legal?
Heegu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
tremorlaine

Default Re: Can Polymorph Potion be used to prevent your opponent from getting a level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heegu View Post
I've actually got a new question related to this. What is the exact time frame of playing reloaded die? Can it be played at any time when the result of the roll is still being processed? What I mean is, a friend failed a run-away attempt and then used lickety split to get an extra +2, but I then re-rolled his die so that he still couldn't escape. Was this legal?
Why would you be re-rolling his die? If he attempted to run away and failed his die roll he can use the Loaded Die to change whatever he rolled to a 6 therefore enabling him to run away. There should be no way for you to prevent this unless you have a card that says to cancel a just used One-Shot Item.
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Can Polymorph Potion be used to prevent your opponent from getting a level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorlaine View Post
Why would you be re-rolling his die? If he attempted to run away and failed his die roll he can use the Loaded Die to change whatever he rolled to a 6 therefore enabling him to run away. There should be no way for you to prevent this unless you have a card that says to cancel a just used One-Shot Item.
He's asking about Reloaded Die, not Loaded Die.

But that's separate from the original post, so I'm about to split this off into its own thread.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Clipper

Default Re: Reloaded Die timing

I think Lickety Split actually needs to be played before the initial roll, meaning there is no timing conflict. It says to be played when somebody makes a Run Away attempt, not after they attempt to Run Away or after they roll the die. It will thus apply to both the roll and the Reloaded reroll.

Even if I'm wrong and it can be played after the roll, it would apply to both rolls of the die. It adds a +2 to the Run Away value. The dice determines the value of that Run Away roll, so you would add 2 to the result of the Reloaded reroll too.