Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 04-17-2022, 05:53 PM   #1
John Nejedlo

Default Looking for input on our homemade playmat

https://imgur.com/a/MILIAA7

Some friends just got us into playing Munchkin. We bought three deluxe sets: Munchkin Deluxe, Shakespeare Deluxe, and Star Munchkin Deluxe. We also purchased fourteen add-on decks and the Mat of mayhem.

After the first few games of Munchkin Deluxe with add-on decks 2-5 we decided we wanted to purchase six sets of playmats. However, the Spike sets were sold out. I looked online and saw someone made a very nice image for others to download. That included the following categories: Head Gear, Armor, Feet, Hands, Classes with spots for Super and Ultra Munchkin, Race with spots for 1/2 and 1/3 Breeds, Hireling spot to go with another card, steed, curse, and a bonus section. He also added a spot for: levels, backpack (carried, but not equipped) cards and gender. However, we use a board. So, I did not use those last spots.

I basically divided a legal sheet of paper into three rows and six columns. Cards fit very nicely in those spots. In the upper left two spots I wrote "Class" and left the space to the right and below open. I also wrote Super / Ultra Munchin at the bottom of the class boxes. In the lower left hand boxes I did the same thing for "Race" Cards leaving space above and to the right while adding the words "1/2 & 1/3 Breed"

In the upper and lower right hand corners I have spots for Hireling and Steed cards with an open space between them.

Finally, I put: Head Gear, Armor, Hands, and Feet in the remaining center spaces to form a cross and still share open boxes with all the above mentioned cards.

I figure that I can place any played/carried, but not equipped cards in the horizontal position just off the mat.

What am I missing or forgetting account for? At some point we will add our other decks past number five. We also have not started the other two deluxe games and will make different mats for those.
John Nejedlo is offline   Reply With Quote