Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 02-23-2023, 11:11 PM   #1
Draugr

Default New Boxed Adventures?

Hi Everyone.

I just started playing Death Test after pulling it out from my Legacy box set. I never played it before, but wanted to give it a try now that I'm getting back into non-computer gaming.

Anyhow, I really like the layout of the box, booklet, and counters and I also love the look of the box on my gaming shelf next to my play copies of Melee & Wizard (play as in second copies I bought. I still have Melee & Wizard sealed in the Legacy kit.). So has there been any discussion of additional solo (or GM) modules that may come in the same sized box as Death Test 1 & 2, with booklet, counters and maybe even a custom map or battle arena map?

I hope this may happen eventually. :)

John
Draugr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:36 PM   #2
Mufon

Default Re: New Boxed Adventures?

Have you heard of the Quest for the Silver Dragon? I have it on PDF, not sure if its still around to purchase. I recently got back into TFT Melee and Wizards too. I'm looking for another old quest called Grail Quest. Have you been to warehouse 23 yet. They have lots of extra TFT adventures and they have a magazine called Hexagram that contains lots of extras and usually a quick adventure included.
Mufon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:57 PM   #3
Draugr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufon View Post
Have you heard of the Quest for the Silver Dragon? I have it on PDF, not sure if its still around to purchase. I recently got back into TFT Melee and Wizards too. I'm looking for another old quest called Grail Quest. Have you been to warehouse 23 yet. They have lots of extra TFT adventures and they have a magazine called Hexagram that contains lots of extras and usually a quick adventure included.
Funny you just mentioned Treasure of the Silver Dragon. I just picked it up today NEW from a seller on eBay. $20 plus shipping. That is a pretty good price considering used copies sell for much more. :)

I do have Grail Quest but have never played it. Castle Archon on their youtube channel just did a review about the original Grail Quest. Definitely something I'm going to play eventually.

Last edited by Draugr; 02-27-2023 at 02:00 PM.
Draugr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 09:28 PM   #4
John.A.Hanna

Old Metagaming MicroQuests you may consider:

01 Death Test (3201) - The Thorsz has a dungeon to test potential guards
02 Death Test (3202) - The Thorsz has a revised dungeon to test guards
03 Grail Quest (3203) - Chivalrous Knights go questing
04 Treasure of the Silver Dragon (3204) - Alternate world adventure
05 Security Station (3205) - Explore an abandoned (?) Mnoren facility
06 Treasure of Unicorn Gold (3206) - Alternate world adventure 2
07 Master of the Amulets (3207) - Explore hidden valley
08 Orb Quest (3208) - The Thorsz sends you on a mission

Old Metagaming Adventures/Source Books:

Tollenkar's Lair (2201) - The original TFT adventure, classic!

Warrior Lords of Darok (2202) - Source Book for Darok
Forest Lords of Dihad (2203) - Source Book for Dihad

The Warrior Lords of Darok and the Forest Lords of Dihad were the first 2 of a planned 4 source book series by Gamelords, published by Metagaming. Interesting reads, however they don't fit well with the current ITL ruleset as many of the NPCs exceed the 40 point attribute cap.
John.A.Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote