Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2019, 05:44 AM   #10
Tywyll

Default Re: advice for Oriental characters in Melee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcro View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you had to suffer as well, it was devastating news- she's my best friend.
the good news is she is cancer free now, we had awesome surgeons and staff here at University of Pittsburgh and they caught it early, she's a nurse so she knew something was wrong and she had pain which is unusual with pancreatic cancer, but the pain saved her life. she was stage 2 when it was discovered. I've been ill for about 10 years as well, so it really changed our lives. and we live one day at a time.
our hearts go out to anyone fighting cancer or supporting a loved one with it.
I'm really glad to hear that. You guys are so lucky. My mom was diagnosed with type 4 pancreatic cancer when my little girl was just 6 months old. She fought it for 32 months, mostly due to her granddaughter I think. She passed away in 2016. In October of last year, my brother who is only 4 years older than me, was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. He's on a new chemo now and has made it almost 9 months, which is great considering.

Needless to say, it scares the crap out of me. Luckily I'm in a study that will see me screened at least once a year for at least the next 10 years.
Tywyll is offline   Reply With Quote