Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 10-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
DeathRabbit

Default Combining Decks

How does this work? Okay, maybe that's too broad of a question. I have Munchkin and Munchkin Zombie. But I noticed that in Zombie you start out as a zombie character. And in Munchkin you start out as a human. Both games have their own sets of classes and races too.

So if I were to combine them, how does that work? Do we choose whether to be Human or Zombie at the start? Can we become Zombie Elves? Zombie Thieves? Atomic Humans or even Plague Human?

I'm still new to Munchkin so my mind is being blown here.
DeathRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
SmokeRulz

Default Re: Combining Decks

Do whatever you want. Let your imagination run wild~!

Personally, I think if Zombies is in a blender game, then everyone is zombies, in order to justify equipping Mojos. So in a Fantasy/Zombies blend, you all start as Zombie Humans, and then can be Elf or what not later. Of course, you could also say that everyone is normal until they equip a Mojo, and then they become a zombie. It doesn't matter either way. :D
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Quaff_fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathRabbit View Post
Both games have their own sets of classes and races too.

Do we choose whether to be Human or Zombie at the start?
I'm still new to Munchkin so my mind is being blown here.
Munchkin Zombie has no classes or races. I do, you start as a plain human zombie. This makes it simple.

Pat
Old 10-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
James Sawatsky

If I was to play Zombies with another game I would consider all characters Zombies. Voodoo Zombie Dwarf Werewolf Pirate Dude with Super Powers and a space ship.
James Sawatsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
DeathRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaff_fu View Post
Munchkin Zombie has no classes or races. I do, you start as a plain human zombie. This makes it simple.

Pat
I figured Mojo was just another word for RAce or Class for that game. Can both be used together? Like Dwarf Cleric Atomic Zombie or something?
DeathRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Mister Ed

Quote:
I figured Mojo was just another word for RAce or Class for that game. Can both be used together? Like Dwarf Cleric Atomic Zombie or something?
Yup. You can have a Race, Class, Mojo, Loyalty, Accent, Style, and Training as well as Powers with a total rank not exceeding your level. I may have missed something else in that list, too.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
MunchkinMan

Quote:
We make it easy for you here: Mojos are Mojos, Classes are Classes, Powers are Powers, Races are Races, Loyalties are Loyalties, Accents are Accents, Styles are Styles, and Trainings are Trainings. You blend everything together, and you can have at least one of each. . .

Where we complicate things: Hirelings, Sidekicks, Minions, Mooks and Allies are all the same basic thing.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
SmokeRulz

Quote:
Mojo is essentially a Class equivilent, but it is not actually a Class unless it's called a Class. Races, Classes, and Mojos are seperate cards and you may equip one of each, unless you have one of the double up cards. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
Where we complicate things: Hirelings, Sidekicks, Minions, Mooks and Allies are all the same basic thing.
Don't forget Steeds and Vehicles. I've always found that funny since I learned it!
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
Quaff_fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRulz View Post
Mojo is essentially a Class equivilent, but it is not actually a Class unless it's called a Class.
I thought Mojo is more like Accent, Loyalty & Training, because you need no Class (Ha ha) to play them.

Put it this way. If you combine Munchkin Original with zombie, you start as a plain old human zombie that can have Mojo. If you combine Munchkin Original with Impossible you start as a plain old human secret agent that can have Loyalty & Training.

Pat

Last edited by Quaff_fu; 10-11-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Quaff_fu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combine, munchkin, rabbits, zombie